Disney to expand cancellation fees to all table service restaurants at Walt Disney World

LeafsFanNL

Along with Fast Pass Minus, and the egregious changes to the GAC card, this is the third item in the trifecta of why I am annoyed with WDW right now, and am not spending my money there this year.

After 8 trips since 2007, we have developed our system of dining. We pick 2 signature experiences which we always make. We then make ADR's for the rest of the nights. Usually we make half of them, the rest we cancel early in the afternoon when we determine that we would just rather stay at the resort and have CS. AFAIAC we make our cancellation early enough that we are not a burden on the system. After these changes, we will no longer make more than 2 ADR's for any future trip. WDO is out 2 or 3 TS meals for four.

In fact they are several K as I'm staying away for the foreseeable future.

Just booked a 12 night trip to Dublin next summer. We are looking at four nights in Paris, so DLP here I come. Can't help myself ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Along with Fast Pass Minus, and the egregious changes to the GAC card, this is the third item in the trifecta of why I am annoyed with WDW right now, and am not spending my money there this year.

After 8 trips since 2007, we have developed our system of dining. We pick 2 signature experiences which we always make. We then make ADR's for the rest of the nights. Usually we make half of them, the rest we cancel early in the afternoon when we determine that we would just rather stay at the resort and have CS. AFAIAC we make our cancellation early enough that we are not a burden on the system. After these changes, we will no longer make more than 2 ADR's for any future trip. WDO is out 2 or 3 TS meals for four.

In fact they are several K as I'm staying away for the foreseeable future.

Just booked a 12 night trip to Dublin next summer. We are looking at four nights in Paris, so DLP here I come. Can't help myself ;)

You have every right to feel annoyed at Disney however this is not a reason...

See...people like you were the problem...I hate that you can't even see that

You (and everybody else) were making multiple reservations and think nothing of it!!? YES, you were a burden on the system...other people could not make a reservation because you made some that you had no intentions of fulfilling.

Cancelling a reservation the day of does nothing but open up a "chance" that somebody may be able to get a walk up...but more than likely somebody else will overstay their allotted time slot and there is no gain to the system. You also killed that slot for 180 (or whatever) days. But that's right...you don't actually care. It's all about me...I'm entitled

Just because you make two signature reservations does not give you carte blanche to do as you please.

So... you are going to punish Disney by not buying table service, but by giving them your money for counter service, where they make even more profit from you?

I understand your feelings of staying away completely, but have your priorities straight and let them know WHY you are not spending your money at their property.

Only by letting them know that you are following through with your concerns will they ever be addressed.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

We usually make reservations a few days in advance. We never hit the really busy spots,but just pick up what is open.

This extra step just makes things far to bothersome. Guess we won't be bothering to over pay for far overpriced food anymore.

Cancellations are just too much of a pain.

LeafsFanNL

You have every right to feel annoyed at Disney however this is not a reason...

See...people like you were the problem...I hate that you can't even see that

You (and everybody else) were making multiple reservations and think nothing of it!!? YES, you were a burden on the system...other people could not make a reservation because you made some that you had no intentions of fulfilling.

Cancelling a reservation the day of does nothing but open up a "chance" that somebody may be able to get a walk up...but more than likely somebody else will overstay their allotted time slot and there is no gain to the system. You also killed that slot for 180 (or whatever) days. But that's right...you don't actually care. It's all about me...I'm entitled

Just because you make two signature reservations does not give you carte blanche to do as you please.

So... you are going to punish Disney by not buying table service, but by giving them your money for counter service, where they make even more profit from you?

I understand your feelings of staying away completely, but have your priorities straight and let them know WHY you are not spending your money at their property.

Only by letting them know that you are following through with your concerns will they ever be addressed.

I'll make a comment or two on the matter. We never did make multiple reservations for any particular day, it didn't seem right to do so. I had, and would have no problem continuing to make the reservations as I explained. You see it as abusing the system, I don't.

It's moot anyway, the policy is changed. If I was going anytime soon, they would be making much less off of us, as we'd be eating at the resort, sharing CS meals.

Tonka's Skipper

I am glad they finally did this. Frankly the folks who have no manners and think they were entitled to abuse the system, book many reservations at the same time and then decide where they want to go is the problem! No interest in the fact they were harming the other guests.

The same thing regarding the GAC changes, Rich people thinking its perfectly Ok to hire a disabled person to by pass and abuse the system. The people who used the ADA rule that they didn't need to prove they had a reason to need the GAC when they didn't. They are the issue!

The FP + is still testing and time will tell with that.

The bottom line, Disney was not the problem, The guests who feel they are more important and entitled then anyone else is the problem.

We cannot wait until May and our 8 day WDW vacation!

AKK

AKK

ToTBellHop

Hypothetical: you are at DHS and have a reservation at Be Our Guest at MK for dinner. You go on AIE. You win and must come back for the finale show at 7 pm. Do you have to pay the $10 no show fee?

RSoxNo1

Life is full of tough decisions....
20130731-023304.jpg

JohnD

Unfortunate, but at the same time unfortunately necessary. Due to people making multiple reservations and not bothering to cancel ones they don't end up using.

I agree. Full disclosure: I made two ADRs for CG, one for LeCellier, and one for Boma for a possible trip in April. I made the ressies now and will discuss with family over Thanksgiving. Will cancel the ones we don't intend on using WAAAAY before that. But have no guilt over making the ressies now.

jrlbc06

I've been desperately trying to get a Be Our Guest reservation for 1/11 for two months now (so since 4 months before the trip). Check twice daily every day. I didn't know our dates 180 days before. If this helps free up some reservations for people that are actually going to use them I am all for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom