Disney tattoo's

Originally posted by popkid
i'm planning on getting the old epcot logo as soon as i can arrive at the appropriate place... something i've always wanted to do...

ever see the pictures of the guy who's completely covered in disney tattoos?

He actually comes to see our show quite a bit. We did a meet and greet with him once after the show and he took a picture with us. He told us that the picture would be the next tattoo he got. :animwink:

celticdog

Re: disney tattoo guy website

Originally posted by popkid
here's a link to the disney tattoo guy's website...

http://www.disneytattooguy.com/

After visiting the website.... all i can say is: I hope he didn't spend a lot money on those tatoos! Alot of the artwork is horrible. Some are pretty good, but way too many are blurred, faded, poorly drawn and poorly colored.

If i was going to get a Disney tatoo it would either be Chernabog or the Firebird. You gotta love those larger than life mythological villians.

Tink18

I've got a tinkbell tatoo on my lower back....and she's jsut so cute I love it to pieces! I got it my summer going into my senior year of highschool and jsut added some fun swirly colors all around it and on the sides. Sine Tinker Bell is my nickname since birth that was the only thing my mom would let me get......(she paid for it too woo hoo) but I will tell you this, they are addicting, I didn't think they were and I was like no way I'm not going to want n e more but I do!!! and Im getting more!!!!!

Yellow Shoes

Re: Re: disney tattoo guy website

Originally posted by celticdog
Alot of the artwork is horrible. Some are pretty good, but way too many are blurred, faded, poorly drawn and poorly colored.

See, the thing that no one wants to admit about tattoos is that the medium on which they are placed is not a static one.

Those tattoos were probably just fine umpteen years ago when they were new and his skin was younger.

But time marches on, and gravity is not kind when one is in one's 5th or 6th decade.

Skin sags.
Anything drawn on the skin will distort.

Just something to think about before you do something painful, potentially dangerous (Hepatitis C, anyone?) and irreversible.........

celticdog

Re: Re: Re: disney tattoo guy website

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Just something to think about before you do something painful, potentially dangerous (Hepatitis C, anyone?) and irreversible.........

This is not necessarily true. Pain is very subjective. Dangerous? doubtful. No tattoo has every become a threat. A reliable and ethically minded artist will go to great length to ensure safety and sanitary conditions. Irreversible...not true. With the constant improvements in laser technology any tattoo can be removed.

I'm proud of my tattoos and after fifteen years they still look pretty good. Some color has faded but the outlines are still very crisp.

ArielLover

OK what do you all think about a guy getting a Little Mermaid tattoo ? Should I go for something traditionally more manly? Pirates of the Caribean maybe. Just looking for thoughts.

celticdog

Originally posted by ArielLover
OK what do you all think about a guy getting a Little Mermaid tattoo ? Should I go for something traditionally more manly? Pirates of the Caribean maybe. Just looking for thoughts.

It really depends on how provocatively it's drawn. Some tattoos are inheirately for females or are manly. Tinker Bell and any princess are typically female images. I would personally lean toward a POTC tat.

meanmice

Originally posted by ArielLover

Well, if her shells are flesh colored :animwink: then I guess it would be more manly lol. I want to get a small tink on right side of my lower back and a hidden mickey that looks almost like a birth mark on my left sholder, as soon as I loose 20 lbs and it will look good.

steve_virginia

Disney Tattoo

I have a tattoo of Mickey Mouse as he appears in Fantasmic, is his wizard costume. I got it 2 years ago while in Orlando for our annual Disney trip. I was skeptical at first too since they are pretty much forever. But I have always wanted to do it and I figured now that I am in my 40's it's now or never. I don't regret getting it one bit. Although I did catch some grief from the guys at work. How many men really have Mickey Mouse tattoos afterall? ha! ha! I'd do it all over again. In fact, I might get another Disney character next year. I say get your favorite character, no matter what or who it is. If it fits your personality and reflects something you enjoy, then go for it!

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I've got Fantasia Mickey on the outside of my right ankle, CheshireCat on the outside on my left ankle and Tinkerbell on the inside of my left ankle.

Next on the list(yep, I got the "itch")...Figment, Flounder, Fab5, maybe Chernabog.

My thinking is...if I'm going to get a tattoo, I wanted something my grandkids could look at.

ARIELLOVER: My BF was thinking of getting an Ariel tattoo as a crossover between my Disney tatts and his aquatic tatts. If it's what you like, go for it. You're the one that will have to wear it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom