Disney Takeover

CUMBY

Original Poster
I will post the thread or link when i figure out how to do it.I just thought i would tell you.If anyone can get it is on the la times web site.

CUMBY

Original Poster
The web site keeps saying there is something wrong with my URL
so I can't get the link but te link is on themeparkinsider.com

MrPromey

Well, if Disney ended up buying MGM like that article mentions at one point, I don't think there would be a whole lot more discussion on if the name of the park in Orlando is going change, would there? :D

PrincessAriel

Originally posted by MrPromey
Well, if Disney ended up buying MGM like that article mentions at one point, I don't think there would be a whole lot more discussion on if the name of the park in Orlando is going change, would there? :D
Good point MrPromey

James123

Account Suspended
Bigger than Big!

Comcast will have to merge with AT&T before a Disney take over would be in the picture. Don't overlook Bill Gates. Microsoft could take over Disney quickly with SEC approval. I feel confident that most Disney stockholders (especially the Bass brothers) would welcome a Microsoft buyout. Also consider the implications if Microsoft also bought Pixar after they aquire Disney. "When you wish upon a star...".

Check these links:

http://www.ocregister.com/business/disney9cci.shtml

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-8411538.html

Michael Eisner, Disney
~~Eisner, 59, must revamp Disney (DIS ) after ratings at ABC fell and theme-parks attendance dropped. To cut costs, he closed the GO Web network and is shuttering nearly half of the company's U.S. stores. Eisner could be fending off unwanted suitors if he can't get that Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah back.

Brian Roberts, Comcast
~~In December, CEO Roberts, 42, won a months-long bidding war for AT&T's cable assets. The $47 billion deal will make the Philadelphia-based company the largest cable operator in the U.S. That gives Roberts the leverage to buy more content and turn Comcast (CMCSA ) into a full-blown media empire.

NowInc

What makes me laugh is everyone is assuming that these companies WANT to take over Disney.

Lets not fool ourselves here, Disney stock hasnt exactly been "prime" in a loooong time, and all these other companies have problems of their own....

And when things DO get better for Disney and make the company more attractve to be taken over, the value of the corporation will rise and make it harder to aquire....

Of course..what do I know...im not a market analist...this is why I went into art ;)

ToTBellHop

Um...I hadn't realized disney was for sale...but I also know very little about economics...but I didn't think you would buy a company if it wasn't for sale...
Kyle

NowInc

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Um...I hadn't realized disney was for sale...but I also know very little about economics...but I didn't think you would buy a company if it wasn't for sale...
Kyle

LoL..Its not for sale..but it can be taken over...Thats the problem when you have stock ;)

wdwmaniac

I think one thing that could save Disney is a take over over Yahoo. It would make them like an AOL Timewarner Company, Disney- Yahoo. If Disney doesn't hurry up Yahoo will be taken be Vienidi/Universal or Viacom and Disney will be left on it's on to be taken over by Microsoft or AT&T.

NowInc

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
I think one thing that could save Disney is a take over over Yahoo. It would make them like an AOL Timewarner Company, Disney- Yahoo. If Disney doesn't hurry up Yahoo will be taken be Vienidi/Universal or Viacom and Disney will be left on it's on to be taken over by Microsoft or AT&T.

I dont see it happening....Disney bought go-networks and it wasnt exactly a pretty situation. Its still alive, but far from doing great. Yahoo is very similiar to how go-networks was when they bought it..so i dont think they would do the same thing twice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom