Disney Survey on implementing a $15 resort fee

icc2515

Original Poster
I just received a survey from Disney basically asking how I would feel about a $15 resort fee. They put this in a question that basically said that if you booked a room at a deluxe resort for $350 per night and there was a $15 resort fee for Magical Express, Wifi, Children's activities, and a few other things I cannot remember, how likely would you be to stay at this resort. Another question asked if I was aware that there were resort fees at other non Disney resorts. It then asked how I felt about those resorts. It then asked how I would feel about Disney if they implemented a resort fee.

So it looks like Disney is looking into the resort fee gravy train. Once this below the line pricing starts, who knows how far it will go. I think that CET in Vegas has a $35/Night resort fee. You used to get 2 bottles of water for your fee, but they took that away.

Animaniac93-98

One of the best things about Disney resorts is that they DON'T charge extra fees on top of your room rate (resort, parking, wi-fi, gym use etc).

On other subjects people will disagree about what is and isn't worthy of the label "cash grab", but this would be universally considered one.

icc2515

Original Poster
Funny, I got the same survey and as soon as I got to the part about "Do I post on social media, do I read blogs ect...." it ended the survey as soon as I hit next. Wow... just wow.

I wondered about that question and how odd it seemed. It let me through as I did not lot lie, the post at the top was in fact my first post.

DisneyFans4Life

Did the survey make it sound like this resort fee was only for deluxe resorts or all resorts across the board? I wouldn't be surprised if this got implemented, but like others, I always figured there was some kind of resort fee lumped into the price of the room.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
LOL! Are they serious?

Sure I'd be ok with a $15 fee if you drop the price of the resorts $15 or more a night

Let's be honest, many of the actual "rooms" at wdw aren't as good or as big as other places in the area....something I think they will have to address one day. It's mainly the location and theming that keeps them a hot item

PhotoDave219

I just received a survey from Disney basically asking how I would feel about a $15 resort fee. They put this in a question that basically said that if you booked a room at a deluxe resort for $350 per night and there was a $15 resort fee for Magical Express, Wifi, Children's activities, and a few other things I cannot remember, how likely would you be to stay at this resort. Another question asked if I was aware that there were resort fees at other non Disney resorts. It then asked how I felt about those resorts. It then asked how I would feel about Disney if they implemented a resort fee.

So it looks like Disney is looking into the resort fee gravy train. Once this below the line pricing starts, who knows how far it will go. I think that CET in Vegas has a $35/Night resort fee. You used to get 2 bottles of water for your fee, but they took that away.

This means its very very very likely to happen, IMO. They will somehow skew this research to justify what they want to do.

Expect it. Good post, good catch.

(Thanks @asianway )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom