Disney Survey - Not a fan of people on "vacation" forums...

KCheatle

Original Poster
Thanks for the info @merry68 - but that's a little underwhelming (although not surprising anymore...)

I had my hopes up that there would be some tid-bits about the timeline for DHS and/or input for Epcot upgrades or something fun. Better luck next time I guess!!

merry68

Thanks for the info @merry68 - but that's a little underwhelming (although not surprising anymore...)

I had my hopes up that there would be some tid-bits about the timeline for DHS and/or input for Epcot upgrades or something fun. Better luck next time I guess!!

Sorry! Just that tiered nastiness coming our way for profit and crowd control.

There's no way TDO would ever ask us minions about park stuff, they're too busy working on how to squeeze more money out of guests so their bonus checks can be even higher than last year. Cutting Corners 101.

JoeV

They are obviously looking to get feedback from a certain segment. I wouldn't read anything into it pro or con. Based on the answers that made you ineligible for the survey, they probably want feedback from less seasoned and experienced travelers. You would never ask that as a weed out question, however, for obvious reasons.e.g. Are you a less seasoned traveler with little vacation experience?

Sounds like they are currently just interested in data from people who don't do a lot of trip planning and just wing it then go home and forget about it.

JennSmith

I had this survey emailed to me too and I was able to complete it. We literally had just returned from WDW so I thought it was triggered buy our checking out...I had no idea it was sent to people who hadn't been since 2014.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Normally you'd ask those kinds of questions so you can qualify the responses with some additional demographic data..

If you use such criteria to disallow participation at all.. that means you don't want that data collected at all... Its harder to ignore/hide data if its been collected, vs never getting it in the first place...

Sure it could be to avoid a demographic from overrunning the survey.. but in that case, you just expand the # of people queried, or exclude those after the fact. But doing it up front means exclusion.. which given Disney's history here, is more nefarious than I'd start by default.

NelsonRD

I do not understand why people participate in surveys to begin with. You offer them your information for free. There is value in what is provided back to them. This forum is filled with the most hate for corporate greed, and the fact that we openly are willing to allow them to poll park goers for free about our experience, and during our time, without any form of compensation amuses me. I have had them approach me in the park, while I am trying to enjoy the very experience they are taking time to question me about. Something as simple as a 4th fast pass might open me up.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Over the weekend I received an email from Disney asking me to complete a survey about my July, 2014 trip. I started to take the survey, and they went through their normal questions to establish my demographics and such. Then it came to a page that asked me if I participated in social media (i.e., facebook, twitter), and I said yes that I read and posted on facebook. It also asked me if I blogged, and I said I read blogs but didn't blog myself. But, then it asked if I participated in forums specifically about vacationing or vacation destinations, to which I replied that I both read them and posted on them. After that...it said I was no longer eligible for the survey.

Hmm....makes me wonder what they are surveying that they don't want the likes of me responding to??

Anyone else had a similar experience?

For years now, upon sight of my mug the survey taker would just start to laugh and inform me of my lack of eligibility right off the bat.

StarWarsGirl

I've taken surveys before. I've said that I'm a forums poster. Not once has it booted me off.

I take surveys on a regular basis because I'm working on a marketing minor and am thinking of doing marketing for a living, so I take surveys mostly to observe (and earn gift cards). Sometimes it boots me after my age (not usually though; they tend to target Gen Y). One time, it asked me about beauty products that I buy. I checked off hair products, facial products, nail polish, and a few others. It went on to ask me only about nail polish. Sometimes they want certain demographic. It might have booted you off this survey because they know forum posters are generally knowledgeable, and they wanted someone who has visited less often/less experienced. Who knows.

French Quarter

I do not understand why people participate in surveys to begin with. You offer them your information for free. There is value in what is provided back to them. This forum is filled with the most hate for corporate greed, and the fact that we openly are willing to allow them to poll park goers for free about our experience, and during our time, without any form of compensation amuses me. I have had them approach me in the park, while I am trying to enjoy the very experience they are taking time to question me about. Something as simple as a 4th fast pass might open me up.

I like giving feedback. I like to think that things could change for the better if companies know what the public's perception is. (But I don't complain about corporate greed.)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sounds like (at least to me) they are seeking skewed answers for imagined demographics. Basically seeking confirmation of their manifest destiny by manipulating the responses. "nothing to see here...move along folks". "Yes, we want your opinion...unless is differs from or casts a poor light on our brave new world in which case good day sir!"

Yup the so called 'survey' is being used to provide so called 'data' to back a predetermined conclusion. Is it any wonder WDW has such screwed up priorities. The guest is no longer the focus of the WDW experience

Goofyernmost

My suggestion? Never admit to being a reader of these internet forums during a survey. Then they throw your answer out.

Ive said it many times as I was told it many times from company friends: Disney simply does not care what our opinion is, as long as we open our wallets.
I heard about that ahead of time so I just checked off 'heard of them, but, don't participate'. I got through. Even got past my age, but, as soon as I said that I traveled Solo, I was no longer of interest. So they have a number of "we're not interested in your opinion" category's.

PhotoDave219

I heard about that ahead of time so I just checked off 'heard of them, but, don't participate'. I got through. Even got past my age, but, as soon as I said that I traveled Solo, I was no longer of interest. So they have a number of "we're not interested in your opinion" category's.

They only want the opinions of specific people.

Its weird because when I was in research 11 years ago, they weren't like this. They pretty much wanted everyone's thoughts. (Hint to Corporate Lurkers, You should pay attention here)

Goofyernmost

They only want the opinions of specific people.

Its weird because when I was in research 11 years ago, they weren't like this. They pretty much wanted everyone's thoughts. (Hint to Corporate Lurkers, You should pay attention here)
For sure, because I have literally spent 10's of thousands of dollars over the years on WDW vacations and this is the second survey that has ended abruptly just this year. I think that all future ones will be relegated to the trash bin immediately. If they don't care about my thoughts, I don't care much about theirs either. That is the primary reason why statistics are very close to useless. One way or the other, the results will be tilted in a direction to reinforce what they are doing to show to stock holders or other VIP's. A total waste of anyone's time. At least this one got to 15% complete. The first one didn't make it past 8% complete before they stopped caring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom