Disney Survey Hints At Possible Entertainment Revivals?

VJ

Original Poster
A woman from a Disney Facebook group stumbled upon something interesting in her survey...

For those of you at home, Legacy of Walt Disney ran at the Main Street Opera House from the early 70s until it was replaced by The Walt Disney Story in 1973. How they would even go about recreating this beats me. Toy Story Funhouse was an area built to promote the film in Tomorrowland in 1995. The rest you should be familiar with already.

16730711_10208460022679435_1599266552_n.jpg
16736081_10208460022639434_72805906_n.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My response to Paint the Night isn't on there... ecstatically delirious with joy (and jumping up and down)

I would like the Snow White show too, the first time I visited DL they were prepping the theater for it, and then the next time I was able to go out there it was gone completely. It would have been nice to see. However, I do love Mickey and the Magical Map so I wouldn't want to see that go completely either.

Curious Constance

This was probably created by someone who wants to get Paint the Night back full time, so they put a bunch of old things on there that they're assuming no one actually wants to see again so the responses to Paint the Night seem like a slam dunk.

I've taken several of these things over the years, and the questions don't ever seem too based in what actually happens in reality.

GiveMeTheMusic

Parade of Dreams can't even be brought back. The finale unit is currently used in the Frightfully Fun Parade (heavily modified to boot), plus who knows if the other floats even still exist (though @GiveMeTheMusic might..) I'm going with @Curious Constance 's theory.

POD closed in 2008, and most of its floats are no longer...ahem...available.

Everything on there besides PTN is a red herring. Snow White? LOL no

drizgirl

POD closed in 2008, and most of its floats are no longer...ahem...available.

Everything on there besides PTN is a red herring. Snow White? LOL no

That's just so odd.

And I only wanted Snow White back because I never saw it. And I've seen Map enough times to be ready for a replacement. Anything..... as long as it's not Marvel or Star Wars. :p Oh, and I'll pass on Frozen as well.

GiveMeTheMusic

That's just so odd.

And I only wanted Snow White back because I never saw it. And I've seen Map enough times to be ready for a replacement. Anything..... as long as it's not Marvel or Star Wars. :p Oh, and I'll pass on Frozen as well.

The mirror puppet was cool, but overall, it was pretty bland and boring. Map is a much better tenant for that space. If only they'd make good on their promise to update the show periodically!

VJ

Original Poster
The mirror puppet was cool, but overall, it was pretty bland and boring. Map is a much better tenant for that space. If only they'd make good on their promise to update the show periodically!
Oh yes, they forgot the 20-minute Frozen segment with rousing "Let It Go" finale. ;)

VJ

Original Poster
I would want to see one of the "red herrings" have a good response then Disney running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make it happen. It won't, but it would have been funny to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom