Disney Survey - Did any of you receive?

Nostalgic Reverie

Original Poster
Have a hard time trusting these emails anymore and need to know if legit or anyone else has received?
My corporation I work for has hired companies to do these in the past - very similar format.

Would like to tell them what I think as I am sure there are some of you wishing you had got this email (if legit). I would like this to be worth 40-50 minutes of my time. Then again, I would think they would have all this info as it should be easy to profile our family from the numerous trips we have made to different parks, especially the ones in which we wore the all knowing magic bands.
upload_2016-7-27_7-34-55.png

PiratesoftheHM

I believe there was thread about this a few days ago, or it may have been on a different site. If you do take the survey don't mention at all that you read Disney fansites/blogs/forums because if you do they will end the survey there from all accounts that I have heard.

They don't want our "extremist" opinions.

Rteetz

I haven't gotten the survey but have seen that others on disboards and such have. I'd imagine it's legit I don't see why it wouldn't be.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I got it but never finished it because it was going to take way too long. I did about 20 min of it and gave up. Haha! But it is legit for select people that have a Disney Credit card. I usually do all official Disney surveys I receive but this is the only one I never finished it was very lengthy with no end in sight. The part I stopped at was where I had it list for every single character I said I bought stuff featuring them what exactly I bought all year for each individual one and I had bought stuff from a lot of the choices so it was just going to take way too long. ;)

Last edited:

Variable

?.. it was very lengthy with no end in sight. The part I stopped at was where I had it list for every single character I said I bought stuff featuring them.... ;)

The level of detail some companies seek is maddening.

Wasn't a Disney one, but I started in on something similar a few months ago and got a similar set of questions - and they had it by time periods, the last X number of months thing.

That was the end of that.

I wonder if anybody bothers to examine the non-completion data

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The level of detail some companies seek is maddening.

Wasn't a Disney one, but I started in on something similar a few months ago and got a similar set of questions - and they had it by time periods, the last X number of months thing.

That was the end of that.

I wonder if anybody bothers to examine the non-completion data

Yeah I'm wondering if they look at the non-completion data for the lengthy surveys. I usually always finish surveys I start but this one took the cake! Haha! :bookworm::geek:

DisneyJoe

I got that one too. I started it, but didn't finish. It was very detailed, and at least the first portion was all about merchandise.
It covered merchandise, branding, television and movies, cable and streaming viewing, digital rental and/or purchase of shows, theme park visits... it easily took me 45 minutes to complete.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
At least for me Disney surveys these days go straight to the recycle bin, That's been the case since a OKW stay where we were asked to keep a journal (which Disney research provided with a daily checklist of questions) in exchange for the effort a $50 gift card was the carrot which seemed reasonable for a few minutes a day noting things down.

Completed the survey but gift card never showed up sent a couple of follow up emails but it was obvious they were going nowhere.

GlassHalfFull

I got the survey.. very in-depth questions about brands, emotions attached to brands(both Disney and non Disney(Harry Potter etc), approximate amount spent on branding, (for who, and where the purchasing occurs(online, 3rd party, Disney store, Disney park, etc)).. the thing that I liked was a gauge of interest in potential new movies.. many listed were already announced(Live Beauty and the Beast, Star Wars Rogue One, Wreck it Ralph sequel, etc).. but some like Live Action Chip and Dale, new Live Action Mary Poppins, potential Maleficent sequel, Cruella De Ville movie, live action Winnie the Pooh movie, live action Pinocchio movie, more Pixar movies(just a general interest in new Pixar movies, no specifics), or a Black Panther movie.. those are the ones off the top of my head that I, or people I know would be very interested in seeing..

Other than that it was a very market research type survey.. if you weren't interested in a potential list of movies they were fielding interest on, there was nothing much fun in this survey..

I like others wanted to give up after 20-25 minutes.. but like a bad movie, or my college degree, once you get so far you must finish.. I think it took me 40 min total..

JIMINYCR

We've gotten the surveys over the years and this one was more demanding. I did muddle through it and managed to finish it...then I got mad thinking about how my opinion and time spent doing it was wasted because it probably doesnt count for much.

cheesecake

I believe there was thread about this a few days ago, or it may have been on a different site. If you do take the survey don't mention at all that you read Disney fansites/blogs/forums because if you do they will end the survey there from all accounts that I have heard.

They don't want our "extremist" opinions.

I love that there is such a thing as Disney Extremists.

And of course. Why would they want the opinion of the people who love Disney the most, and are most likely to visit multiple times, buy into DVC, etc?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom