Disney "supports" fracking

mp2bill

Original Poster
Hopefully I did my forum search properly and this isn't posted anywhere else:

I believe Disney when they say that, "The sole intent...was to foster kids' interest in science and technology," and I can think of no logical financial reason that Disney would want to promote fracking individually, but I find it hard to believe that they would be blindsided by the fact that fracking is a controversial topic.

As somebody who doesn't like the process and chemicals gas companies use in extracting natural gas, I would have preferred that they foster kids' interest in science and technology by demonstrating how solar, wind, geothermal, tidal and bacterial energy technologies work.

However, my main point, again, is that I am surprised that Disney would be so nearsighted when it came to who they team up with.

http://bit.ly/1mfaDr6

Animaniac93-98

Update:

"Disney emailed a statement to Al Jazeera, saying the company has pulled out of the remaining installments of the Rocking Ohio tour.

"The sole intent of the collaboration between Radio Disney and the nonprofit Rocking in Ohio educational initiative was to foster kids' interest in science and technology. Having been inadvertently drawn into a debate that has no connection with this goal, Radio Disney has decided to withdraw from the few remaining installments of the program," the statement read"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom