Disney sued for $250 million by woman claiming Frozen is stolen from her life story

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Upon interviewing for my first job, a well-known senior partner at a law firm rhetorically asked me if I thought there was even such a thing as a "frivolous lawsuit", and then took the time to pontificate about how he can't fathom why the public thinks any litigation is ever unnecessary or frivolous.

I am sorely tempted to call him up and ask him about this...

I think you should.

Figaro928

PICTURE.jpg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I built a snowman once as a kid. SUING!!

My snow man came to life thanks to my magical snow powers that turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing. I inadvertently froze all of my homeland as I fled in shame, but my younger brother saved the day (while learning that love at first sight should be reserved for fairy tales). If only there was some similarity between my story and this hit movie. *sigh*

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
In the complaint report obtained by E! Online, Tanikumi details the plot similarities that she believes Frozen has ripped-off from her autobiography. They include:

• The setting is a village surrounded by snow-covered mountains
  • It features a story about two sisters who love each other
  • They are brought closer together by a terrible accident
  • The older sister accidentally hurts the younger sister
  • Both sisters experience personal tragedy
  • Younger sister falls in love
  • There is a theme of betrayal
  • One sister becomes recluse
  • There is a moon setting
  • There is open doors and gates
  • There are two male characters: Hans and Cristoff in her book; Hans and Kristoff in the movie. (This is, to be fair, is a little weird.)

Phil12

Upon interviewing for my first job, a well-known senior partner at a law firm rhetorically asked me if I thought there was even such a thing as a "frivolous lawsuit", and then took the time to pontificate about how he can't fathom why the public thinks any litigation is ever unnecessary or frivolous.

You're just angry because she went pro se! :D

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is she freaking serious? I so want to be the judge who gets to tell her, "your case is dismissed and for being greedy and stupid and wasting my time, I'm fining YOU $10M and revoking your U.S. citizenship. Have a Magical Day."

BigTxEars

In the complaint report obtained by E! Online, Tanikumi details the plot similarities that she believes Frozen has ripped-off from her autobiography. They include:

• There are two male characters: Hans and Cristoff in her book; Hans and Kristoff in the movie. (This is, to be fair, is a little weird.)

Maybe the last one ties them together a wee tiny bit, the rest....not even close.

BigTxEars

Is she freaking serious? I so want to be the judge who gets to tell her, "your case is dismissed and for being greedy and stupid and wasting my time, I'm fining YOU $10M and revoking your U.S. citizenship. Have a Magical Day."

Add the LEO in the courtroom hitting her with the taser for a few seconds and I think we can call it a day.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Add the LEO in the courtroom hitting her with the taser for a few seconds and I think we can call it a day.

Works for me. I wonder if I can do 3 years of law school and practice enough to be appointed to the bench before this case gets on a docket somewhere.... I would so want to go Judge Judy on this nitwit.

216bruce

Asking a lawyer if there's such a thing as a frivolous lawsuit is like asking Hershey if they should keep making chocolate.

G00fyDad

• The setting is a village surrounded by snow-covered mountains - Yeah. There's only one of those lying around.
  • It features a story about two sisters who love each other - That could only have happened to her.
  • They are brought closer together by a terrible accident - Of course. Everyone else leads a happy pain-free life.
  • The older sister accidentally hurts the younger sister - Siblings wouldn't dare hurt one another, so it must be about her.
  • Both sisters experience personal tragedy - Have you seen what happens to girls when they discover boys and one sister takes the other's boy?
  • Younger sister falls in love - You can only fall in love if you are the older of the two.
  • There is a theme of betrayal - Yep. Betrayal only happened in her home.
  • One sister becomes recluse - See #5 above.
  • There is a moon setting - Really? Maybe she should go after Rise of the Guardians?
  • There is open doors and gates - I understand this because I crawl out of my windows every time I exit a room.
  • There are two male characters: Hans and Cristoff in her book; Hans and Kristoff in the movie. (This is, to be fair, is a little weird.) Where the heck did she meet a Hans and Cristoff in Peru?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom