Disney Stock Certificates

UPbeekeeper

Original Poster
http://www.oneshare.com/stock/disney

I found this through a Mousesavers newsletter. I think this would make a nice gift for any Disney lover. I'd love to have this on my wall. Basically, you are buying one share of stock, but you actually get the certificate, matting, frame (optional), & engraved plate (optional).

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I bought one as a gift for my son a couple of years ago. Very nice [if quite expensive given the actual stock price]. He even gets a dividend chequ once or twice a year! Of course it costs them more to mail the cheque than it's worth...

Because Morgan was a minor when I bought it, it had to be issued with both our names [mine as his guardian], which may or may not appeal to some. He doesn't seem to mind. ;)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I got one for a prior birthday. I'm surprised any company actually does this given the cost associated with sending out the .35 check every year plus other materials.

RScottyL

"Disney no longer issues stock certificates (ownership will be held electronically). Instead a certificate of acquisition will be used in lieu by Disney Shareholder Services, stay tuned for the new certificate design. AS OF MAY 1, 2014, THE RELEASE DATE FOR DISNEY'S UPCOMING "CERTIFICATE OF ACQUISITION" IS ANTICIPATED FOR EARLY FALL 2014; JUST IN TIME FOR THE 2014 HOLIDAY SEASON. WE ARE ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS TO SECURE STOCK PRICE. PRE-ORDERS ARE PAID IN FULL AT CHECKOUT."

Meditrina

I posted this in another forum as well - just trying to see if anyone else has been in contact with Oneshare about their Disney stock? They've had a message on their site since June saying they can no longer take orders, and are no longer answering their phone or emails. I ordered a share of Disney with the intent of getting the new collectible certificate about six months ago - they were supposed to have it available this fall - but now they appear to be gone, along with my money.

I did find on the GiveAshare.com website that Disney just started selling the collectible certificates, but you have to be a shareholder to order one - I guess I will have to go back to GiveAshare and order my stock, so I can get the certificate from Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom