1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney, Star Wars, and Family Guy?

Discussion in 'Disney Co News & Discussion' started by DivePrincess, Nov 11, 2012.

1. DivePrincess

DivePrincess New Member

Now that Disney owns Star Wars, do you think they would allow Family Guy to continue to use gags that involve the franchise?
  2. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

It would be foolish of Disney to turn away from the parodies that Lucas embraced. But parody also typically falls under fair use and Disney would have to prove that there is now somehow a confusion that did not exist for years before.
  3. DivePrincess

DivePrincess New Member

I totally agree- I was just curious- thanks though!! :)
  4. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Well-Known Member

I wonder if Family Guy will parody the prequels...as if they need parody
  5. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

Robot chicken parodies Disney stuff all the time, family guy does to. I don't know if they would make the one hour specials though
  6. erasure fan1

erasure fan1 Well-Known Member

If Lucas did one thing right in recent years, it was embracing the parodies and the fan films and stuff like that. I could see Disney being a big stick in the mud and not allowing them to continue. But who knows.
  7. Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther Well-Known Member

Frankly, given the way Seth McFarlane slanders Walt, he deserves to lose the cash he gets for the SW parodies.

But because they ARE parodies, there isn't much Disney or anybody else can do about them. Or the slander, either, unfortunately.
  8. HatboxGhost

HatboxGhost Well-Known Member

Very true. Its rare that a company would actually support fan films and not fight against them. That is what I love about Lucas.