Disney Springs

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
In the "what's new" section under "coming soon" it says "Disney Springs redevelopment-Opening in phases with completion in 2016" then there are a few restaurants that will be opening soon and thru the summer with the exception of The Edison Spring 2017. So my question to anyone who may know is Disney Springs going to be substantially finished by the end of summer or will other things be delayed until 2017? Will store fronts be done even if tenants haven't moved in?

roj2323

Thanks, I've looked there and just the first 10 posts have an average of 10 pages and I don't have the time or interest to wade through all that to try and find the answers I am looking for.
So rather than find the answer you know is there you chose the lazy way.

The answer to your question is fairly easy to find via the construction photos.

At the moment there are 6-7 buildings still under construction or remodeling but otherwise the majority of the project is complete aside from tenets moving into the finished spaces.

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
So rather than find the answer you know is there you chose the lazy way.

The answer to your question is fairly easy to find via the construction photos.

At the moment there are 6-7 buildings still under construction or remodeling but otherwise the majority of the project is complete aside from tenets moving into the finished spaces.
"Find the answer I know is there",construction photos are of some use but aren't necessarily a good indicator of when a project is going to be finished.I can see a shot of site preparation and then boom three months later there is a completed building. Then I can see a shot of a facade that looks finished but then the project isn't finished for over a year. I am not expecting anyone to do work for me,it just seems as if there are some people on these boards that know a lot, maybe have some inside info. So if someone does know the answer it should be no big deal ,but if no one does know, no big deal just curious.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the "what's new" section under "coming soon" it says "Disney Springs redevelopment-Opening in phases with completion in 2016" then there are a few restaurants that will be opening soon and thru the summer with the exception of The Edison Spring 2017. So my question to anyone who may know is Disney Springs going to be substantially finished by the end of summer or will other things be delayed until 2017? Will store fronts be done even if tenants haven't moved in?

Most things should be done by fall with the main exception being the Walt's and Edison are in the corner of what used to be Pleasure Island. Planet Hollywood and Fulton's are currently under major refurb but both of those should be done by the fall. I believe all the store fronts in the town center are complete and will be getting their tenants over the next few months. There are also still a few spots here and there that are in the works.

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
Most things should be done by fall with the main exception being the Walt's and Edison are in the corner of what used to be Pleasure Island. Planet Hollywood and Fulton's are currently under major refurb but both of those should be done by the fall. I believe all the store fronts in the town center are complete and will be getting their tenants over the next few months. There are also still a few spots here and there that are in the works.
Thank you,I am familiar with The Edison but what is Walt's?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom