Disney Springs Town Center retailers

joshwill

cool...more store with over-priced merchandise. will go great with the restaurants with over-priced food. how about some things those of us that stay at all stars can afford?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
cool...more store with over-priced merchandise. will go great with the restaurants with over-priced food. how about some things those of us that stay at all stars can afford?
Disney Springs is aiming to be a destination for retail and dining. You aren't going to find the dollar store there.

I bet there are plenty of All Star guests who eat and shop at Disney Springs.

Animaniac93-98

how about some things those of us that stay at all stars can afford?

Disney Springs (as I understand it) is supposed to be a Lifestyle centre for both locals and tourists alike. Not just those who exclusively visit WDW. As such, the stores and restaurants have to both appeal to a broader ranger of visitors than just the ones looking for a bargin while being different enough in selection and style from the various other malls in the area. Guests who stay at All-Star or Pop Century are also much less likely to budget for a shopping spree while on vacation (I should know, as I've been on of those guests).

It may seem odd for Disney to focus on high-end retail, but I'm actually glad they are trying. If WDW is truly a "premium" experience, then it needs a lifetsyle centre that reflects that, and not the one it has been for the last several years (one big Disney Store with the same stuff sold in the parks). I'm sure they'll always be some deals going on at World of Disney along with some selection of dining options like Rainforest, T-Rex, Fultons etc.

Stitchon

The Sephora at Disneyland does incredibly high volume, so this seems like a no-brainer. Wouldn't be surprised to see Build-a-Bear make the jump too.

Stitchon

Can you imagine the uproar if Disney allowed a company that sells hunting supplies to lease space at Disney Springs? The media would have a field day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom