Disney Springs to become home to a Disney character meet and greet?

tl77

The AMC Movie theater has had character meets at premiers of new films, Joy and Sadness were there for a day when Inside Out opened, and Jack Skellington and Sally were there for some type of event as well... so it's worked before. I'm wondering is this is also sneaky way of getting Marvel characters on property, they already have the gift shop

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The AMC Movie theater has had character meets at premiers of new films, Joy and Sadness were there for a day when Inside Out opened, and Jack Skellington and Sally were there for some type of event as well... so it's worked before. I'm wondering is this is also sneaky way of getting Marvel characters on property, they already have the gift shop

Would Disney Springs, and "Free" allow them to utilize Marvel?

I wouldn't expect it to be Marvel.

doctornick

Would Disney Springs, and "Free" allow them to utilize Marvel?

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to feature Marvel characters. Would make sense to at least promote the latest film at any given time.

Edit: but given it's a Disney store, I think it would be more likely to use traditional Disney characters.

tl77

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to feature Marvel characters. Would make sense to at least promote the latest film at any given time.
Yeah that's what I was thinking since they do movie promotions there now, they also had the Guardians of the Galaxy characters for a 1 night promotion at DHS... and they're apparently looking to hire an actor to play Doctor Strange

Last edited:

tl77

I wouldn't expect it to be Marvel.
I don't understand why you all think the Guardians of the Galaxy characters are ok to use in the parks but not the rest of them, because in the next few years in the movies they are all going to be having an "Infinity War" with the character Thanos, who is the father of Zoe Saldana's character Gamora from GotG

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Edit: but given it's a Disney store, I think it would be more likely to use traditional Disney characters.

Disney has owned Marvel for over 7 years now, if they can use the characters at DS or the resorts I don't understand why they haven't done this so far.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't understand why you all think the Guardians of the Galaxy characters are ok to use in the parks but not the rest of them, because in the next few years in the movies they are all going to be having an "Infinity War" with the character Thanos, who is the father of Zoe Saldana's character Gamora from GotG

This has been discussed numerous times, what they do with the GotG characters in future films does not necessarily have any impact on what characters Uni has the rights to.

HauntedMansionFLA

Disney has owned Marvel for over 7 years now, if they can use the characters at DS or the resorts I don't understand why they haven't done this so far.
They should pull the trigger and use them away. If it's simple meet and greets, they can see if the Marvel product will be successful or not. If not, they can pull the M & G and not invest too much $ to start out with.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to feature Marvel characters. Would make sense to at least promote the latest film at any given time..
Greetings from Marvel Super Hero Island..10 MILES Down the road.....
212.gif

AustinDisneyFan

If I lived in Florida, I would visit Disney Springs regularly to get my Disney Fix without spending hundreds on park tickets. However, if I am spending hundreds on park tickets, I have trouble spending my valuable park hours visiting the glorified outdoor shopping mall, the likes of which I can visit at home.

That being said, the more Disney Springs does to bring the parks (characters, attractions, etc.) into the area is another grain of rice on the "do I or don't I chose Disney Springs over a theme park" scale.

Two of the reasons Downtown Disney in Disneyland works so well are 1) the convenience of being right at the exit, making you feel as if it's part of the park, and 2) that during weekdays Downtown Disney is often open after the last DLR park closes, offering an option for late night magic.

At WDW, almost always Disney Springs closes down before the last park closes.

Cmdr_Crimson

If I lived in Florida, I would visit Disney Springs regularly to get my Disney Fix without spending hundreds on park tickets. However, if I am spending hundreds on park tickets, I have trouble spending my valuable park hours visiting the glorified outdoor shopping mall, the likes of which I can visit at home.

That being said, the more Disney Springs does to bring the parks (characters, attractions, etc.) into the area is another grain of rice on the "do I or don't I chose Disney Springs over a theme park" scale.

Don't worry the line for meeting just 1 character for free outside of a Disney Theme Park would be like this...
Arena-Lines-620x413.jpg

If you know how it is in a Theme Park it would be Twice as bad.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom