Disney Springs development to bring massive expansion to Buena Vista Drive

jt04

We don't know exactly where those new ramps are going to go, they aren't on any of the permits that have currently been filed. If I had to guess I would say that they are going to go on the other side of the Team Disney building.

Just wondering when the last time there was this much construction at WDW. Maybe DAK?

Some serious earth moving happening!

drnilescrane

We don't know exactly where those new ramps are going to go, they aren't on any of the permits that have currently been filed. If I had to guess I would say that they are going to go on the other side of the Team Disney building.

You've got to keep an eye on the Requests for Additional Information, not just the permits as originally filed!

ziPwhwl.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You've got to keep an eye on the Requests for Additional Information, not just the permits as originally filed!

ziPwhwl.jpg

Nice catch! I do try to review all the documents but it's easy to miss things. Where exactly did you find this? I have been looking through the documents but can't find it.

Last edited:

drnilescrane

Nice catch! I do try to review all the documents but it's easy to miss things. Where exactly did you find this? I have been looking through the documents but can't find it.

The original permit from December, 131119-15 aka B V D Corridor Stormwater Project Modification, was modified in March with the additional information the SFWMD requested (which is when I found it). The document is under Applications > RAI Information > hntb bvd roadway permit set_032014.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The original permit from December, 131119-15 aka B V D Corridor Stormwater Project Modification, was modified in March with the additional information the SFWMD requested (which is when I found it). The document is under Applications > RAI Information > hntb bvd roadway permit set_032014.

Thanks! Based on these plans here are the future exit configuration will look like. It appears that there will be a connection from I4 directly into the garage, but not back out.

DS.jpg

jt04

Thanks! Based on these plans here are the future exit configuration will look like. It appears that there will be a connection from I4 directly into the garage, but not back out.

View attachment 57326

There is a note above about a 'future interchange by others' which seems likely. The question is what kind of interchange. Could be something out of the ordinary. IMO.

drnilescrane

There is a note above about a 'future interchange by others' which seems likely. The question is what kind of interchange. Could be something out of the ordinary. IMO.

I would interpret that to mean that the engineering firm that put together this package isn't doing the final drawings for that segment of road. They've already released the artwork for the BVD interchange that lines up exactly with the drawings I posted:
iAZJh3AfciA3P.png

The bridge has the following traffic patterns in the south (left) lanes:
  • Traffic from I-4 West:
    • Westbound Buena Vista Drive
    • West Side Garage
    • La Nouba Surface Lot
  • Traffic from Westbound Buena Vista Drive:
    • West Side Garage
    • La Nouba Surface Lot
The bridge has the following traffic patterns in the north (right) lanes:
  • Traffic from West Side Garage to Westbound Buena Vista Drive only.
Traffic from Eastbound Buena Vista Drive uses the existing Entrance 3.

This pattern pretty much assures that traffic from this garage will head down BVD to Hotel Plaza and use the 535 entrance to Interstate 4 (which really only involves one signaled right turn, the entire way is dedicated lanes). Traffic using the existing 535 exit is probably going to be aggressively funneled into the Marketplace garage - one hopes that having a dedicated Disney Springs exit will be enough of a psychological distinction to stop people using Hotel Plaza to access parking... the existing signage directing people to use Epcot Center unfortunately hasn't worked so far.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I think what I have drawn is the future interchange. The ramp coming from I4 is also marked as "by others".

Last edited:

jt04

But no new attractions opening until 2017

Depends on how it is defined. Certainly a lot going on with plussing and moving everything around. I even consider Disney Springs to be an attraction and that has already started to open in some ways. And I think we could still see something in 2015 and 2016 that guests will flock to.

omurice

But no new attractions opening until 2017
We could get a hastily thrown-together Frozen overlay next year, and possibly Rivers of Light by 2016. ;)

STILL terrifying to cross BVD, even with the crossing guard... 35mph does not improve that much, they need a walking bridge.

jt04

We could get a hastily thrown-together Frozen overlay next year, and possibly Rivers of Light by 2016. ;)

STILL terrifying to cross BVD, even with the crossing guard... 35mph does not improve that much, they need a walking bridge.

Soon. Very soon.

Next Big Thing

A walking bridge will be constructed as a part of Disney Springs work.

cmoliver68

Looking at the concept art there are 3 lanes, with the middle one apparently the bus lane. What I find interesting is in both renderings there appear to be two lines down the center of this lane fairly close together. The other lanes show traffic markings clearly. Could this be an indicator of some sort of light rail?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom