Disney Proposal

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
Good plan OP, I say full steam ahead!

Those people are party poopers IMO. It's a wedding proposal, when you really think about it the whole darn thing is corny. As long as the girl says yes and the moment is memorable there is really no bad way to do it!
Yeah I know it will be memorable no matter how it's done. We just would rather be the rarity that does it in the Rose Garden, and not the 5,763,485* person to do it during the night time fireworks.

*Number is an exaggerated guess, and not based on any fact or research.

BigRedDad

OK, there is a way to get there before there are big crowds, have a Photopass photographer there, and get it all done before it is overwhelming. I can tell you how, but do not want to post here because it takes away one thing I have found that is still a secret. I will PM it to you.

nc_disneyfreak

OK, there is a way to get there before there are big crowds, have a Photopass photographer there, and get it all done before it is overwhelming. I can tell you how, but do not want to post here because it takes away one thing I have found that is still a secret. I will PM it to you.

When i was planning mine, I let the concierge at my hotel know, and he suggested a photopass photographer. I wanted to do mine at night, because the castle looks better at night etc so i declined. Its kind of hard to stay completely private at night as well. He could have set up an early morning shoot before the rope drop if I wanted. He said lots of people do it, all they have to do is ask.

flipadeeflop

I don't have any advice to offer except that it sounds like she is going to be the happiest girl in the world! It sounds like you are really thinking it through to make it so special for her, making sure a secret friend will be there to capture the moment and her family will be waiting for you when you are done! That is so sweet! Can I somehow pay you to hint my boyfriend in this direction hahah

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
What a wonderful place for a proposal. My suggestion would be to plan on it being a personal proposal over a very public spectacle one. The first suggestion is very sweet and a grand moment, perfect. I've had friends that have turned restaurants up for grabs and overly planned with conspirators. You want the moment for the two of you not an attraction for visitors. You just have one shot at a special moment, just don't turn it into a Jumbo-tron moment is my thought. My favorite, on the Ferry going towards the Magic Kingdom.

muggle148

My only suggestion would be to somehow tie it in with something that is a favorite of hers. For me, I knew her favorite movie was Beauty and the Beast. So this is what I went with:

My only suggestion would be to somehow tie it in with something that is a favorite of hers. For me, I knew her favorite movie was Beauty and the Beast. So this is what I went with:

I kinda would like to know how you did this. Because I've had the same ideal for the past year. Did you have to pay anyone or did you just ask guest relations

bigkbull

I kinda would like to know how you did this. Because I've had the same ideal for the past year. Did you have to pay anyone or did you just ask guest relations

I didn't have to pay a dime. I sent an email to an address I found somewhere online asking about potentially doing something there. The email was for something in the Disney Wedding department. The person who monitors that forwarded me to the stage manager of the BatB show. We then talked back and forth about what I wanted to do and what they would be able to do.

WDW_Princess24

This is exactly how my Fiance proposed on our trip in February. It's a great idea, don't have to worry or stress over anything by doing it first thing in the morning on the first day. It also allows you the rest of your trip to celebrate!

Best Wishes!

Kimberly Ann

I must say I am a big sap when it comes to Disney World and love. I think this is an absolute GREAT idea!! It gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes to know there are people who will go out of their way to make the person they love so happy. Good luck to both of you!! I hope she says yes (I'm assuming she will)! Enjoy :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom