Disney Property Limits

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you have google earth, turn on the city boundaries. You`ll see exactly WDW`s limit, and where the cities of LBV & Bay Lake meet.

Donfan

Peter,

That map is really interesting. I can now see how the Bonnet Creek Resort managed to slip in where it did. Also, the area south of 192 seems really sparse and spread out. It looks like Celebration is sitting on some non-Disney property. Maybe that is how they managed to make more of that area Disney-type property. Are there other large areas that are not owned by Disney that might be used by other developers?

peter11435

Donfan said:
Peter,

That map is really interesting. I can now see how the Bonnet Creek Resort managed to slip in where it did. Also, the area south of 192 seems really sparse and spread out. It looks like Celebration is sitting on some non-Disney property. Maybe that is how they managed to make more of that area Disney-type property. Are there other large areas that are not owned by Disney that might be used by other developers?
Actually the map I linked to is of the Reedy Creek Improvement District. The area in white south of 192 that is surrounded by green is now Celebration. That land at one time was WDW property and part of the RCID. However all of the land used for Celebration was de-annexed from RCID so that Celebration residents would have no voting power in the district. So while some of it is still Disney property it is no longer part of the RCID. Thus why it is not green on the map All of the land used for Celebration was at one time owned by Disney and part of the RCID.

This map more accuratly shows Disney property. http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/files/5/5/6/5/mappp.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom