Disney Professional seeking advice

wizards8507

Original Poster
So I was pretty active on these boards over the summer and when I recently got a job with Disney, I figured you guys would be a good place to go for advice. I'll be graduating from college in May, getting married in July, and moving to the Orlando area to start with Disney on August 1. Between my wife-to-be and myself, we'll be making around $90,000 a year and we're looking for a place to live. With house prices the way they are, I hate the though of renting, as we have enough money for a down payment on a house. I'm hoping someone familiar with the surrounding neighborhoods could give me some advice about where are good places to live, and where I could find a short-term rental if we decide to go that route.

Thanks for the help guys,

NF

mickeysshoes

I have no advice for you but wanted to say congats on your upcoming events!!! Hope everything works out for the best for you 2!!!:wave:

We almost moved to Orlando due to my husband's job but ended up moving to RI instead. Anyway we researched numerous communities around the Orlando area and even started looking at houses with a local realtor. The best, family oriented, low crime, good school communities were Oveido and Winter Springs. If we had moved to the Orlando area we would have picked one of these two communities. Good Luck!

wizards8507

Original Poster
We almost moved to Orlando due to my husband's job but ended up moving to RI instead. Anyway we researched numerous communities around the Orlando area and even started looking at houses with a local realtor. The best, family oriented, low crime, good school communities were Oveido and Winter Springs. If we had moved to the Orlando area we would have picked one of these two communities. Good Luck!

Haha that's interesting, as I've lived in RI my whole live, though I go to school in Indiana. Good to be back at my parents' house for the holidays.

My advice is to do what I did - rent for awhile and find the place that you want to live in - good school district, close to work, etc. While i only work over there twice a week, I just bought a house that is 3 miles away from my F/T job.

tampabrad

I would call a real estate office in the area. Something legit and let them know your story. Start off with short term rentals. Your agent should be able to get you something nice. After you get here, then look to buy a house.

There is still lots of new construction with some great deals. You may be able to get a new house for the same as something older. Also, if you are getting a previously owned or foreclosed (there are lots of those) home, be sure you get a good inspection. Because of storms, houses could have major water/mold damage that might not be seen by a standard home inspection.

juniorthomas

I've some family in the area, and they all seemed to enjoy their stay in Orlando. Plenty of condos to go around, it seems. Make sure to drive around whatever homes you take a look at - your gut will tell you more than anybody else could!

What are you doing with Disney?

Best of luck and congrats on heading down there! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

jav

windermere

Windermere is an upscale town just north of Magic Kingdom, they have mansions, apts, townhomes and single family homes from the mid 100's. to several milion dollars. Another is Celebration southeast of Disney, really nice also. West side is being developed now, but it will be nice as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom