Disney Professional Internship: Zoology

nicxpagan

Original Poster
Hey there everyone! I am a Junior Biology major (specialization in ecology and evolution) at Stony Brook University. I am pre-vet, but I am open to any career related to animal welfare. Some of my interests include wildlife conservation, animal behavior, and animal care. If there are 2 things in this world I love its animals and Disney, so interning or working for Disney makes perfect sense to me!

I would like to apply for a Zoology professional internship after I graduate in Spring 18, but I am nervous about my chances of getting in. Here are my stats:
  • Biology major with courses in Genetics, Ecology, Evolution, Mammalogy, Primate Conservation, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology.
  • I have a 3.25 GPA
  • I have been a veterinary assistant for a year at a domestic/exotic hospital
  • I am an intern at the Long Island Aquarium for the mammal department (3 month internship) where I prepare meals, learn husbandry, clean exhibits, educate visitors on our animals, and observe behavior training sessions.
  • I plan on applying for a wildlife rehabilitation internship over the summer so that would be something to add to my resume in the future.
  • I hope to get a research position in one of the labs at my school, but I am finding it challenging to get any of those positions :(
I guess I would just like to get some input on things like
  1. Where do I stand competitive wise?
  2. What PI do you think would fit my interests?
  3. Any suggestions for me to improve my resume?
Thanks for any advice/help/suggestions! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom