Disney PhotoPass Memory Maker pricing reduced

Tom P.

The article says this marks a return to the pricing that was in effect before December, 2014. I know that's true for the advance purchase, but I thought the immediate use version was $199 even before last year's price increase.

Rteetz

I'm guessing that the decreased sales in memory maker that led to this has to do with annual passes now having Photopass.

Tom P.

I'm guessing that the decreased sales in memory maker that led to this has to do with annual passes now having Photopass.
I'm not sure about that. Annual passes are a tiny, tiny percentage of the visitors to Walt Disney World. And of them, what percentage were purchasing Memory Maker before? Just can't imagine that's moved the needle that much. I think more likely that they just increased the price to the point where the average customer was starting to not see the value of it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm not sure about that. Annual passes are a tiny, tiny percentage of the visitors to Walt Disney World. And of them, what percentage were purchasing Memory Maker before? Just can't imagine that's moved the needle that much. I think more likely that they just increased the price to the point where the average customer was starting to not see the value of it.
I agree. Memory Maker has maximum value if you visit infrequently but for many nights. Pass holders generally visit very frequently for shorter trips (long weekends and such). Pass holders weren't buying Memory Maker in the first place.

jhastings74

I just received the email notification this morning and thought that it might have been a mistake. But if I can get a free picture frame or magnet from my credit, I'll take it! I like that they tried to butter me up by saying, "...as a token of our appreciation of your business and loyalty..." I think it's more because of the criticism they'd receive from people who paid the higher price just to see that it was reduced. You can't NOT give others a credit for it. All-in-all, a good move on their part.

Biff215

I agree. Memory Maker has maximum value if you visit infrequently but for many nights. Pass holders generally visit very frequently for shorter trips (long weekends and such). Pass holders weren't buying Memory Maker in the first place.

There has to be a fair number of DVC members like myself who previously purchased both. Whether this led to the price decrease or not, who knows. I was just happy that they automatically made my new AP a platinum pass even though I purchased the vouchers before the change and price increase. Saved me three trips debating on whether to buy Memory Maker or not, and seeing the pictures almost immediately in the app is great.

TyrantBoss

That's because Memory Maker is a waste of money and not selling well.......oops...what am I saying....
..... Disney totally set a fair price for this exquisite service. It is not a fierce money grab whatsoever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom