Disney PhotoPass / Memory Maker PhotoPass question:

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
The $149.00 purchase price is the only fee that you have to pay before going to WDW. All of the downloads of pictures are included with $149.00 price? I'm a bit confused if you have to pay additional money later on to get pictures. The $149.00 price isn't horrible since it's just two of us and it's hard to get pictures of us together.

cdeev8690

I took all of my digital photos and got them printed at CVS for muuuuuuch cheaper than what Disney was offering. For me, a non AP holder, Memory Maker is a really nice addition to my trip. I would hate stopping to take photos "No no come on come on, to the next ride. We don't have time for this" but now it's like "I paid $150, we're stopping at ALL the Photo Pass locations"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can save the photos to your phone's photo album straight from the app as soon as their available (which is usually immediately after you scan your MB). If you're impatient and want to post your photo to instagram or facebook, you have that option. You don't have to wait till you're at your computer at home to download them all although it's probably easier to do so, but as everyone else said, make sure you get them all saved before the 45 day mark.

dreamfinder

You get the ability to download any media that is in your Photopass account. This includes pictures taken of you, any edits you have made to those pictures, ride videos, as well as pictures that show up in your account from your linked Family & Friends. You will have 30 days to do the downloads once you activate it, but the pictures themselves will stay active in your account for 45 days.

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
You get the ability to download any media that is in your Photopass account. This includes pictures taken of you, any edits you have made to those pictures, ride videos, as well as pictures that show up in your account from your linked Family & Friends. You will have 30 days to do the downloads once you activate it, but the pictures themselves will stay active in your account for 45 days.
30 days to download once you activate it. Is there a special account to activate later on to do the downloads or 30 days after to activate the Magicbands during your trip?

dreamfinder

30 days to download once you activate it. Is there a special account to activate later on to do the downloads or 30 days after to activate the Magicbands during your trip?

It should be fairly obvious in your account when you will activate it. You can have a MM entitlement sitting on your account for multiple trips, and the 30 day counter wouldn't automatically start. Simply taking Photopass pictures doesn't start it, you need to do a download. Quoting from the Photopass FAQ
How long can I capture photos with my Memory Maker entitlement?

You can begin capturing photos including attraction and dining photos and even some magical extras like Animated Magic Shots and Attraction Videos as soon as you purchase Memory Maker. Once you download the first photo or video, you then have 30 days to capture more photos (“Memory Maker window”). Remember to download your photos before they expire. Please note that if Memory Maker was purchased at the advance purchase price, photos taken within 3 days of the date of purchase will not be included in Memory Maker and must be purchased separately.

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
It should be fairly obvious in your account when you will activate it. You can have a MM entitlement sitting on your account for multiple trips, and the 30 day counter wouldn't automatically start. Simply taking Photopass pictures doesn't start it, you need to do a download. Quoting from the Photopass FAQ
okay, thank you

tglancy

It really is a great service. We've used it twice, and will be using it a third time in April, and the ability to get everyone in a picture without having to flag down a stranger to take my picture is worth it!

Dylan Ann

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it for me - if I was going with my whole family I definitely would, but it will just be my mom and I in December. Normally when we vacation together we only get 1-2 pictures together, which is fine - but I'm tempted by this! While I would be ok with just a few pictures of the two of us, I also think it could be a lot of fun to get a bunch of pictures done! And I know that if I shell out $150, I'm going to want my money's worth, lol!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well we usually only have a couple taken as well, and Photopass is still available right? So I think that costs $14.95 to download....but you can at least see your photos and then decide to download I think. I don't think I would pose for many more photos because of memory maker with just DH and I....sure the ride photos would be nice but we have some and don't usually splurge unless we see an awesome pose. So wondering if you still can buy a single ride photo now? I think if you do a lot of character meetings and such with a family it would be nice.....I did like being able to walk up to a photo spot and get a nice pic of us in front of castle etc....I mean they have a much nicer camera than mine, and so far have captured some nice shots for us. :)

Rob562

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can save the photos to your phone's photo album straight from the app as soon as their available (which is usually immediately after you scan your MB). If you're impatient and want to post your photo to instagram or facebook, you have that option. You don't have to wait till you're at your computer at home to download them all although it's probably easier to do so, but as everyone else said, make sure you get them all saved before the 45 day mark.

One thing to be aware of, any time you download or share the photos it starts the 30-day clock on Memory Maker. So you could share that cute photo of your family on Main Street the first night of your trip, and then find that you only have 3 weeks left to work with Memory Maker once you get home from your trip. (Those from the UK or Europe on longer 2 or 3-week trips should be even more careful with this)

-Rob

dreamfinder

Well we usually only have a couple taken as well, and Photopass is still available right? So I think that costs $14.95 to download....but you can at least see your photos and then decide to download I think. I don't think I would pose for many more photos because of memory maker with just DH and I....sure the ride photos would be nice but we have some and don't usually splurge unless we see an awesome pose. So wondering if you still can buy a single ride photo now? I think if you do a lot of character meetings and such with a family it would be nice.....I did like being able to walk up to a photo spot and get a nice pic of us in front of castle etc....I mean they have a much nicer camera than mine, and so far have captured some nice shots for us. :)

Photopass is the name of the service, and has never changed. Memory Maker is the name of the photo download product, which replaced Photopass+ and before that the Photopass CD. You can still buy individual downloads, but your breakeven point is around 10 pictures if you prepurchase. Or you can also buy prints from Photopass, at a similar price point. They will also take pictures with your camera if you would like. If you only want the staged pictures in front of the castle, spaceship earth, etc, then just have them use your camera and save the money. The exception being nighttime shots, odds are your camera won't do a good job. If you want fun pictures, those special shots of the kids running to Mickey for a hug, or the fancy backgrounds/magic shots, then you would really want to consider buying Memory Maker. I say fun pictures because they tend to take a bunch of pictures with their camera, and then just one or two with yours. You can definitely ask to do something different, but the one with yours will usually be the tried and true "Everyone together, now smile!".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom