Disney Phone Reservations down?? 4/24/17

amy2313

Original Poster
I have been trying to call the central WDW phone reservation line to possibly book with the free dining plan but I can't get through. All I get is a weird busy signal (not even a normal busy signal). Anyone else having or had trouble getting through today??

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, the system is always overwhelmed when they release a new discount. Even travel agents are struggling to get through. Just keep swimming - you'll eventually catch an open phone line. But be prepared for an hour wait, so be on a land line or charged cell phone.

amy2313

Original Poster
Yes, the system is always overwhelmed when they release a new discount. Even travel agents are struggling to get through. Just keep swimming - you'll eventually catch an open phone line. But be prepared for an hour wait, so be on a land line or charged cell phone.

Thanks for the info!! I had a feeling this is what was happening but have been trying on and off all morning and began thinking it was my phone line. Thanks again.

rob0519

Just another example of Disney's incompetence when it comes to right sizing their IT and Telephony systems. Every holiday and Spring Break take down FastPass and every new discount room or free dining offering take down the telephones and overwhelm the number of agents they have staffed for the day. They know they are the only game of their type around and we will put up with whatever inferior service they provide.

Stevek

Classic. Was trying to just call and ask a question about an existing reservation and can't get through. Well done Disney.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
According to my neighbor, who was attempting to book a free dining package, the online reservation system was down for at least 4 hours this morning. And he waited on hold for 2 hours before getting thru, that was roughly around 7am CDT.

ev01

After trying to dial in for 45 minutes, finally got in and waited on hold for 1.5 hours, set the phone down for a second and missed the rep. Called back in after another 30 minutes of trying, got on hold and waited for a little over an hour and finally got a person.

Altered my existing reservation we made a month ago and didn't have to cancel my existing dining reservations (already had the Disney dining plan added) or anything, just clicked refresh in the browser and my balance dropped $1100!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just another example of Disney's incompetence when it comes to right sizing their IT and Telephony systems. Every holiday and Spring Break take down FastPass and every new discount room or free dining offering take down the telephones and overwhelm the number of agents they have staffed for the day. They know they are the only game of their type around and we will put up with whatever inferior service they provide.
Eggsackly. They don't need to spend any money upgrading their systems -- the people will call (on their own dime) and wait (on their own dime), and if they can't get thru the first time, they call back. Same with the internets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom