Disney Perfect Princess Tea Party

Bcakd

Original Poster
Good morning all! I have a few questions about The Princess Tea Party at the Grand Floridian. First, is it magical enough for the price? Secondly, how long does it last? And lastly, is it worth missing park time for it? I've already booked it, and paid. Just curious as to what other parents think of this experience. My daughter is 6, so I figure now is as good of time as any. All info and advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Pax

My 4 year old daughter and I went last September. I'd glad we did it, but it is not something I would consider attending again. The doll is nice, as is the charm bracelet but the experience seemed to drag on and on (guess they wanted you to feel like you were getting your money's worth.

I think I was a bit frustrated because it started late (one family with two participants was very, very late-- 30 minutes or so). They held the entire event until that family made it then the two kids were absolute brats to top off my ill will toward them.

The food was ok-- fruit, tea sandwiches, and tea (apple juice for the kids). My plate was missing some items and I was unable to flag a server to ask about the missing food. The cake was good.

I guess the long and short of it is my daughter had a great time, and that was the primary objective. I had a so-so time and would rather have been at the park.

ferbtones

I went with my daughter in november 2013. At the time she was 6 years old.
I have to say she grinned from ear to ear the whole time.
Our experience started on time and lasted about two hours in all, including a cute princess parade around the lobby and photo pass pictures with their doll.
To be honest it was about mother daughter time rather than the food, but even my picky eater managed some sandwiches and loved the cake.
Rose petal hosted and was very energetic, telling the story of aurora, and leading the kids in sign language and songs.
My little girl joined in everything, which was very unusual for her at the time.
Got some lovely pictures and the gifts they came away with were lovely.
We are going again this year to wdw, and asked her what she most would like to do. She said the tea party, so she is doing it again this time with her dad. She will be 8.
I do believe that they have included more gifts with the experience, a different doll and a necklace also.

All I can say is that it is expensive but I love seeing my kids happy. That is priceless.

Encourage your daughter to dress up, but she will not need a tiara as they are given at the beginning. My DD dressed as Alice last time. This time she is going as Aurora.

And enjoy!

DizneyPryncess

I debated on this for my daughter, who will be turning 4 for our next trip. It seemed a bit pricey to me, and we are already doing the BBB. So I opted to take her to the afternoon tea at the GF with my mom & me. Still gets to have "tea", she still gets to get dressed up, and the cost was obviously less. Maybe in a few years when we are there with her cousins (she has 3 female cousins around her age) they can all do it together. But right now, I think the afternoon tea is a good alternative!

disneyfirstLJ

On our April trip we were on the monorail with a mother, father and little girl that was either 5 or 6. The mother and little girl just came from the Princess Tea party. The little girl was talking non-stop to her dad about the tea and went over everything she experienced. She was so happy. It was really a joy to see. Based on that alone, I would go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom