Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade taping dates set for early December

NearTheEars

How crowded is it normally for these? I've heard it can be tedious since they shoot and reshoot a lot, but I'd still be interested in driving over for the day.

Is it worth it?

Tom

Beta Return
How crowded is it normally for these? I've heard it can be tedious since they shoot and reshoot a lot, but I'd still be interested in driving over for the day.

Is it worth it?

It sounds like they're handling it a bit differently this year, since the article mentions that tickets aren't required and that everyone could be in the shots.

We visited the MK last year on the first of the two days, which is (or was then) when they tape the stage events (bands) and many of the promo spots that the MC does. Anyone can be in the crowd shots for the stage, and it was kind of fun. We ended up in a couple of the shots when it was televised last year.

The second day, in the past, required tickets (free, but somehow acquired in advance) to be stationed along the curbs on Main Street. It makes for a LONG day, and unless you're there first thing in the morning and stay until early afternoon, you don't actually get to see or do much....except stand in one place and wait for instructions from the director/producer.

We accidentally ended up on Main Street, right on the hub, last year. It was our last day, so we wandered over to MK from the Contemporary to kill time before our DME pickup. We must have wandered into a group that had already shown their tickets, because we were hurried down the right side of Main Street and situated on the curb at the hub. We actually had no idea it was a ticketed thing until we were talking to the people around us, who all had tickets. Oops!

We ended up standing there for a couple hours, until the sun just became unbearable and the boredom overtook us. We ducked under the ropes and left. As we walked through Frontierland, we were stopped as they were bringing a couple floats out. That part was very weird, because the performers were all just sitting on the floats, out of character, as they drove along the route without any music playing. They only spun them up when they got to Main Street and would be in frame.

Long story short, if you're a techie and really get into live television productions and camera equipment (like me) or just want a chance at being in a 2-second shot on TV, sure, do it. If you're none of those, don't bother.

jiddng

My search on this topic only resulted in posts from earlier tapings.

I have been seeing conflicting reports on different sites regarding the taping of the 2013 Christmas parade. Some sites say the taping will take place Dec. 6-7 and is NOT a ticketed event.

Other sites say that tickets ARE required (through Lightship Entertainment??) and will take place a few hours prior to park opening.

Does anybody know which is correct? If tickets are required, where/how do I get one?

Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My search on this topic only resulted in posts from earlier tapings.

I have been seeing conflicting reports on different sites regarding the taping of the 2013 Christmas parade. Some sites say the taping will take place Dec. 6-7 and is NOT a ticketed event.

Other sites say that tickets ARE required (through Lightship Entertainment??) and will take place a few hours prior to park opening.

Does anybody know which is correct? If tickets are required, where/how do I get one?

Thanks!
Here is my info on this
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holi...arade-taping-dates-set-for-early-december.htm

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks. My son had showed me this post, and we were going along with that info.
Then today, this was posted on my FB news feed:
http://www.disneyquestions.com/need...gdom-see-filming-show-will-air-christmas-day/

There, they state that tickets are required, and the taping will take place a few hours before park opening.
Now, I'm confused....
Taping takes many hours, and cannot be done before park opening. As far as I know my info is correct. I will update if I get any notification of a change.

jiddng

I had attended a taping about 4 years ago (Sarah Brightman and David Cook were guest artists).
Their segments were taped before park opening, around 6am. We had to get admission tickets, and be at the parks by 5:30am. The tapings were held in the flagpole area, just as you enter MK. Afterwards, we were moved to sections along Main St. while Regis and Kelly (hosts) taped their segments.

aladdin2007

Is it worth it?

It was utter chaos last year and I vowed to never step foot in that park again on taping days. The place was trashed with garbage everywhere and cables and equipment piled on top of plants/flowers, the crowd control or lack thereof was unreal. If you like being in the middle of that kind of thing then go for it.

Sparkle81

We had absolutely no clue about this, and have already made ADRs & FP+ selections in MK for 7th. Hoping it's not going to be too awful!
When do they announce the guest artists etc? I'm mildly curious :rolleyes:

Shadowgate

Was there for this a couple years ago by "accident" and we hadn't hear anything about Justin Bieber being there. Daughter thought it was cool but didn't want to stay for the taping of the parade but since we were beyond main street we didn't have much problem until trying to leave as we just stayed away from the castle and main street and went the long way around to the different areas.

Bolt

The taping will take place December 6th and 7th. You do not need a ticket for this event and can watch and participate on the parade route as well as the castle stage. The tickets others are referencing are designed for Cast Members who want to bring additional family members and don't need to use a complimentary ticket since they will be focusing on the parade. They are provided a few weeks in advance (not hours). There is no other activity that is guest facing besides the Main Street portion on the 6th and 7th.

jiddng

The taping will take place December 6th and 7th. You do not need a ticket for this event and can watch and participate on the parade route as well as the castle stage. The tickets others are referencing are designed for Cast Members who want to bring additional family members and don't need to use a complimentary ticket since they will be focusing on the parade. They are provided a few weeks in advance (not hours). There is no other activity that is guest facing besides the Main Street portion on the 6th and 7th.

I'm not a Cast Member, nor am I related to one. The taping I attended a few years back, did require a special ticket I had to get by logging onto a website. I got the ticket a few weeks in advance of the taping but the actual taping did take place a few hours before park opening. My husband and I had to arrive at the MK by 5:30am. The taping of David Cook and Sarah Brightman's segments were completed by park opening, at which point we were moved to the curbs along Main St. for the taping of the parade itself.

Bolt

I'm not a Cast Member, nor am I related to one. The taping I attended a few years back, did require a special ticket I had to get by logging onto a website. I got the ticket a few weeks in advance of the taping but the actual taping did take place a few hours before park opening. My husband and I had to arrive at the MK by 5:30am. The taping of David Cook and Sarah Brightman's segments were completed by park opening, at which point we were moved to the curbs along Main St. for the taping of the parade itself.
Yes - but not this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom