Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

Figments Friend

Fantasmic 2.0
Guardians tower
Rivers of America opens again
Train opens up again

That's about all I can think of when you compare they have more to offer but I will say pandora is a HUGE reason to visit wdw this year.

Oh i agree...Pandora will be fantastic
It may well motivate me to visit the East Coast Parks again after staying away for the last few years.

However, you are forgetting the 'big one' on your list that is a reason to visit Disneyland later this year.....
The Star Wars themed land opens in Anaheim before WDWs revised version.
:)

-

Last edited:

drizgirl

It may well motivate me to visit the East Coast Parks again after staying away for the last few years.

However, you are forgetting the 'big one' on your list that is a reason to visit Disneyland later this year.....

-

In 2017? Really?

21stamps

I don't know why I'm surprised at so much negativity and criticism directed towards an informational blog post.

I don't think it was meant to be translated into "every single one of these 17 things will make you want to visit WDW in 2017"

More like "here's a list, find something that catches your interest that wasn't here on your last visit"

Fe Maiden

I don't know why I'm surprised at so much negativity and criticism directed towards an informational blog post.

I don't think it was meant to be translated into "every single one of these 17 things will make you want to visit WDW in 2017"

More like "here's a list, find something that catches your interest that wasn't here on your last visit"

The title literally says "17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017".

2nd paragraph:
"If you’re considering planning a Disney vacation in 2017, be sure to check out our 17 reasons why the new year should be the year for your visit!"

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A few more thoughts after reading the list a couple more times:

• The #1 item on the list is the return of the Star Wars fireworks at DHS. It returns after, what, a month? 6 weeks?
  • The #2 reason: Adding a few items to the Launch Bay? That is a reason to visit WDW in 2017? Surely they can do better than that...
  • #3: MagicBands 2.0. Ummm...
  • #'s 4-15: A bunch of extras, many of which are free to peruse (the Epcot events) but others aren't (SW Tour, MK After Hours events).
  • The new addition to VWL... a DVC property which isn't available to, what, 95% of WDW guests that aren't currently DVC owners?
  • The new raft ride at TL and the opening of Pandora should have been higher on the list, IMHO, as they are things that can actually bring guests to WDW instead of the fluff presented before them on the list.
  • Since my wife has run in several RunDisney events in the past handful of years, I find the RunDisney anniversary events are noteworthy. Same with the 35th anniversary for Epcot, although I do wish they had included some verbiage around some kind of special event for it instead of just "historical features, photos, merchandise, and more".
  • #16 - Updates on SWL... that isn't opening in 2017...
  • #17 - Whew! I'm glad that MVMCP is returning for 2017. As if I was really afraid that TDO would stop offering one of their hard-ticket events (that are quite lucrative and a boon to their bottom line).
I'm still not really understanding why they published the blog post as-is. It's certainly not much of a tool that would get people to visit WDW in 2017. Yeah, it's marketing, but it's a pretty poor attempt at marketing, if you ask me. Personally, I would have pared the list down to roughly 6-8 bigger impact items, like the Epcot festivals (even though I abhor that they treat Epcot like the world's largest outdoor bar with them), the anniversaries, the opening of Pandora, and the raft ride, and not had the cutesy "17 reasons to visit WDW in 2017" nonsense.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

2nd paragraph:
"If you’re considering planning a Disney vacation in 2017, be sure to check out our 17 reasons why the new year should be the year for your visit!"

This.

Figment82

They've edited the verbiage since it was first posted. The runDisney entry was very poorly written - it mentioned it was the 20th anniversary of the half marathon's 10K (wut? :confused:) and made it sound like they had only recently made Donald the mascot of the race, when it's always been that way. I wish I had saved the original text; it really was JFB's writing at its finest!

Edit: I found the cached version -
"This year's Walt Disney World Half Marathon will mark the 20th year for the race weekend's 10K, and to celebrate, they've made Donald Duck their mascot."
:rolleyes:

21stamps

2nd paragraph:

• The #1 item on the list is the return of the Star Wars fireworks at DHS. It returns after, what, a month? 6 weeks?
  • The #2 reason: Adding a few items to the Launch Bay? That is a reason to visit WDW in 2017? Surely they can do better than that...
  • #'s 4-15: A bunch of extras, many of which are free to peruse (the Epcot events) but others aren't (SW Tour, MK After Hours events).
  • The new addition to VWL... a DVC property which isn't available to, what, 95% of WDW guests that aren't currently DVC owners?
  • The new raft ride at TL and the opening of Pandora should have been higher on the list, IMHO, as they are things that can actually bring guests to WDW instead of the fluff presented before them on the list.
  • Since my wife has run in several RunDisney events in the past handful of years, I find the RunDisney anniversary events are noteworthy. Same with the 35th anniversary for Epcot, although I do wish they had included some verbiage around some kind of special event for it instead of just "historical features, photos, merchandise, and more".
  • #17 - Whew! I'm glad that MVMCP is returning for 2017. As if I was really afraid that TDO would stop offering one of their hard-ticket events (that are quite lucrative and a boon to their bottom line).
I'm still not really understanding why they published the blog post as-is. It's certainly not much of a tool that would get people to visit WDW in 2017. Yeah, it's marketing, but it's a pretty poor attempt at marketing, if you ask me. Personally, I would have pared the list down to roughly 6-8 bigger impact items, like the Epcot festivals (even though I abhor that they treat Epcot like the world's largest outdoor bar with them), the anniversaries, the opening of Pandora, and the raft ride, and not had the cutesy "17 reasons to visit WDW in 2017" nonsense.

If you follow magazines, websites, or newsletters in your own city then you will probably read similar articles. It's a normal blog post, stating new things being offered/reasons to visit. Definitely not the first of it's kind.

Sped2424

-
....What? You know there is no theoretical possible way for SWL to open in DL this year right? I don't know where you are hearing from but the target has always been from leaked insiders to be 2019.

jakeman

Out of curiosity...

What would WDW need to open, every year, for a list like this to make folks happy?
Everything would need to be opened, past, present, and future and they would need to replicate that every year, space/time continuum be darned!

So, it's a dumb list full of dumb things and the only people it would probably appeal to are people who are going to return regardless, but man...this thing seems like it has just absolutely wrecked your day. :p

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes, to most of us, this blog post is irrelevant and silly but shouldn't be surprising. We have known what was going on in 2017 for quite some time. Here is the blog post for us if you prefer...

4 reasons to visit the parks in 2017: Pandora, a new water slide, RoL, and everything else that already exists.

....more or less....

21stamps

I don't believe anyone said it was.
Then it shouldn't be quite so shocking. It's a cutesy "17 in '17" piece to create hype and inform. The entire list will not appeal to everyone, and the author knows that. If one item appeals to you then it has accomplished what it set out to accomplish. That's all.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So, it's a dumb list full of dumb things and the only people it would probably appeal to are people who are going to return regardless, but man...this thing seems like it has just absolutely wrecked your day.
Your defense strategy of Disney is often more negative in tone than the very comments that trigger you to reply

21stamps

Here's what I'm noticing every time a new offering, or marketing campaign, etc gets posted on this site,
The responses.. and the people who show up to comment...are so completely predictable, including my own.lol It's kind of amusing.

BrerJon

Wow that is scraping the barrel when they have to list 'more announcements about what might be in Star Wars land' as a reason to visit, and yet still couldn't think of a few extra things to make it to 20 reasons.

I'll stick to this website and the drone photos for Star Wars news thanks all the same, not really down for booking an entire trip to learn what might be happening in future years.

drizgirl

Wow that is scraping the barrel when they have to list 'more announcements about what might be in Star Wars land' as a reason to visit, and yet still couldn't think of a few extra things to make it to 20 reasons.

I'll stick to this website and the drone photos for Star Wars news thanks all the same, not really down for booking an entire trip to learn what might be happening in future years.

Yeah, I'm thinking I don't have to visit the parks to hear the announcements.

Seriously. Someone needs to read these things before they post them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom