News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

TabulaRasa

I really hope that the theatre facade stays and it's brand new content on the interior. Now, it's just a matter of time until the IP(s?) are revealed.

MikeTaylorSound

I think that the blue light saber effect during the nighttime show could have some influence on the design.

The only thing left of Hollywood Studios is Sunset Blvd., really. I just see a less sophisticated version of the park in the years to come. They'll rename the park along with its sections: Star Wars Land, Muppet Land, Toy Story Land, Hollywood Land, Disney Junior Land, and Crossroads, USA.

Jon81uk

I do. What happened to the blessing of size.
GMR is very dated though. It could be gutted and rebuilt with the existing themes but that feels a bit pointless. I agree they need more attractions overall at DHS and the shows in particular should have all been replaced 10 years ago or more. But I'm no more sad that GMR is getting killed off than when Uni got rid of Jaws.
If DHS had moved with the times and replaced show scenes every two years with different or newer classic movies then maybe GMR wouldn't feel as dated and stale.

RobbinsDad

I love this ride and feel like I've taken its awesomeness for granted now. *sniff* Most kids I know love it, even though they've never heard of 75% of the movies on the ride. The ONLY thing I would be onboard with is keeping the experience intact with classic Disney movies. A Blackbeard's Ghost montage would rule, just sayin'.

Biff215

GMR is very dated though. It could be gutted and rebuilt with the existing themes but that feels a bit pointless. I agree they need more attractions overall at DHS and the shows in particular should have all been replaced 10 years ago or more. But I'm no more sad that GMR is getting killed off than when Uni got rid of Jaws.
If DHS had moved with the times and replaced show scenes every two years with different or newer classic movies then maybe GMR wouldn't feel as dated and stale.
Very dated? Aren't classic movies still classic? Sure the animatronics could be updated, but I still find most of the scenes relevant to the ride's theme. Okay, Alien and Tarzan could use an update, but this attraction still remains popular and fits the current theme.

Now if this is because the park's new name and direction will be entirely different, then maybe I can understand it more. I just agree with Martin and others who would prefer to see new attractions added from scratch as opposed to scrapping those that already work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom