Disney newborn

In addition to all the good advice, I would recommend that if you decide against a portable crib and are ok with the pack 'n play they also sell covers for these at Target. I bring mine for my son (I think I just like to try to fool myself that he's not going to end up in our bed :lookaroun). They are Eddie Bauer and pretty nice. They are quilted and fleecy. They are like $15, so not too bad. I also think that a baby carrier is a good idea for such a small baby. I mean the kind of baby carrier that you can strap on your body. Even though she's little, it'll give her a better view and her awesome parents can talk to her and tell her everything that's going on:king:.

d'Isigny

Original Poster
her parents sound pretty awesome...

thank you

In addition to all the good advice, I would recommend that if you decide against a portable crib and are ok with the pack 'n play they also sell covers for these at Target. I bring mine for my son (I think I just like to try to fool myself that he's not going to end up in our bed :lookaroun). They are Eddie Bauer and pretty nice. They are quilted and fleecy. They are like $15, so not too bad. I also think that a baby carrier is a good idea for such a small baby. I mean the kind of baby carrier that you can strap on your body. Even though she's little, it'll give her a better view and her awesome parents can talk to her and tell her everything that's going on:king:.

cococola44

I wouldn't do it...

It can be frightening for a little one

i know when i was frends with pluto at chef mickey's...there were a couple of infants who where there and they did nothing but cry. They were taking a picture of me and kept on hitting my head.

Ella's Mommy

I agree with the saying its up to your child. My DD is two month right know and I wouldnt be able to take her. She naps of and on through the day and feeds between 2 to 4 hours. And when taken out during the day seems to sleep "all" day. That would be murder for us at night.​

d'Isigny

Original Poster
check... keep away from Pluto

I wouldn't do it...

It can be frightening for a little one

i know when i was frends with pluto at chef mickey's...there were a couple of infants who where there and they did nothing but cry. They were taking a picture of me and kept on hitting my head.

d'Isigny

Original Poster
only if I was going to sleep...

I agree with the saying its up to your child. My DD is two month right know and I wouldnt be able to take her. She naps of and on through the day and feeds between 2 to 4 hours. And when taken out during the day seems to sleep "all" day. That would be murder for us at night.​

d'Isigny

Original Poster
baby would be too young...
now, the 2 year old may get a little excited...

but I already showed them pictures of the characters with kids (for size reference) and explained to them that they would be big...

Lol no,

I rocked as Pluto it is just that they are big...a lot of characters are.

It just gets loud and crowded there.

Kristamouse

We are PG with a susprise #3 as well. We booked Free Dining on the bounce back last sept and then paid off the rest of the trip with DH Christmas Bonus. Then we found out about the new baby coming. We did consider cancleing our trip but my Mom and Dad are now going to come with us and we only planning on 3 park days. So I will be there with an 8 to 10 week old in Sept.

Our DD was 4 months old for her first WDW trip, DS was 16 months old. The trip was great but we planned well for them. I recommend a Baby Bijorn for the new baby, they are the only infant carrier that was comfortable for the parents for longer than 30 mins. They are pricey but can be found in consignment stores. The Baby Care Centers are wonderful, clean and cool. I have been to all of the once but am having a problem remembering what AK's looked like. The only problem with the baby centers is that they can be hike from other sides of the park. If you or your wife (I can't remember who posted) is nursing try taking advantage of nursing on the attractions. You are ususally in the dark and have some sort of privacy. I am not one who wips the girls out to nurse in public to make a politcal point. I stay covered and find privacy while nursing. The attractions were perfect, not one person noticed and the baby was happy and fed and we could keep on with our day.
I nursed through SW, HM, SSE, TTA and GMR.
I 2nd the stroller cover, we had people offering us cash for ours in EPCOT. The ponchos draped over do not do the same thing, older kids can deal with wet, but a newborn no way.
You or your wife will also still be recovering from birth so I would take advantage of mid-day breaks you or she will need the rest too.
The Bijorn will help keep baby sitmulted and awake to avoid the up all night in the hotel room crying.
Our stroller was fully reclining and had a flip up option to make the stroller like a pram or bassinet. We would put the baby to sleep in there at night to avoid having two pack and plays in the room. I would removed the straps, by pulling them out of the back and swaddle the baby like at home and they slept great. I would also recommend NOT washing the baby blankets the day before you leave. I would wash them a couple of days before and let the baby sleep with them so they have the smell of home. As you know with older kids, smells are one of the sharpest senses in an infant.
Our Ped Oked the use of Baby Blanket brand sun screen for our kids during the newborn stage. The DR laughted when I questioned sun screen and asked me what kids in sunny climates do, get sun burned? No they use sun screen. Sun burn is very serious for baby(can cause dehydration and 2nd degree burns) so also keep light weight blankets over baby in the stoller and the Bijon/carrier. We draped our so there arms and legs were covered byt the blanket and they had a hat on their head.
Any way have a great trip and please let me know how things went with your baby!
We are looking forward to our trip in Sept. My kids are 3 and 2 now and already know the time line, new Baby in August and Disney in Sept..
Oh and this trip is really for me too, SHHH!

Erika

Also our Ped said Baby Blanket sun screen was fine, a sun burn was MUCH worse on a a baby than the sun screen, after all what do newborns in Cali
and FL do?

We live in Arizona and the reason our pediatrician gave us was that they really don't want babies that young exposed to the elements for extended periods anyway. We went outside a lot-- but stayed in the shade :cool: which is pretty much what everyone here does.

At a place like WDW you are going in and out all day, not staying outside anyway.

d'Isigny

Original Poster
we sort of did the same thing... booked a trip, then found out that we were expecting.

Ouuu...great idea... nursing on an attraction... like Expedition Everest!

We are planning on taking our newborn, who will be app. 8 to 10 weeks old during Free Dining. I booked last year on the bounce back paid the deposit and then paid the balance with DH's Christmas bouns. Then we found out about #3, the greatest Christmas Gift. Anyway Mom and Dad are going with us and I think it will be fine.
Also we took our daughter at 4 months old, DS was about 17 months old and it was a great trip. If you or your wife (I can't tell who was posting) is nursing the attractions are the best place. I nursed all the way through Small World, HM, SSE, and GMR. No one noticed and I was totally covered. The baby care centers are great, but some are a hike from other parts of the park and some kids need to eat, NOW! The Baby centers I have been in all of them and they are clean and cool (warm I am sure in the winter).
I also recommend a Baby Bijorn they are expensive but the only carrier that was comfortable enough (for the adult) for long period use. We tried many, with my son. Also if your stroller reclines totally your baby could sleep in there, we have done that on many trips with our kids. I would wrap the baby coccoon style and they would be snug and sleeping until the next feeding. Our stroller did have a feature were the leg openings had a flap that was folded up so the stroller was a giant bassinet. So there was no chance of slidding out.
Also our Ped said Baby Blanket sun screen was fine, a sun burn was MUCH worse on a a baby than the sun screen, after all what do newborns in Cali
and FL do?
Good luck and let me know how things went for your family!

d'Isigny

Original Poster
your secret is safe with me...
great tips, thanks

We are PG with a susprise #3 as well. We booked Free Dining on the bounce back last sept and then paid off the rest of the trip with DH Christmas Bonus. Then we found out about the new baby coming. We did consider cancleing our trip but my Mom and Dad are now going to come with us and we only planning on 3 park days. So I will be there with an 8 to 10 week old in Sept.

Our DD was 4 months old for her first WDW trip, DS was 16 months old. The trip was great but we planned well for them. I recommend a Baby Bijorn for the new baby, they are the only infant carrier that was comfortable for the parents for longer than 30 mins. They are pricey but can be found in consignment stores. The Baby Care Centers are wonderful, clean and cool. I have been to all of the once but am having a problem remembering what AK's looked like. The only problem with the baby centers is that they can be hike from other sides of the park. If you or your wife (I can't remember who posted) is nursing try taking advantage of nursing on the attractions. You are ususally in the dark and have some sort of privacy. I am not one who wips the girls out to nurse in public to make a politcal point. I stay covered and find privacy while nursing. The attractions were perfect, not one person noticed and the baby was happy and fed and we could keep on with our day.
I nursed through SW, HM, SSE, TTA and GMR.
I 2nd the stroller cover, we had people offering us cash for ours in EPCOT. The ponchos draped over do not do the same thing, older kids can deal with wet, but a newborn no way.
You or your wife will also still be recovering from birth so I would take advantage of mid-day breaks you or she will need the rest too.
The Bijorn will help keep baby sitmulted and awake to avoid the up all night in the hotel room crying.
Our stroller was fully reclining and had a flip up option to make the stroller like a pram or bassinet. We would put the baby to sleep in there at night to avoid having two pack and plays in the room. I would removed the straps, by pulling them out of the back and swaddle the baby like at home and they slept great. I would also recommend NOT washing the baby blankets the day before you leave. I would wash them a couple of days before and let the baby sleep with them so they have the smell of home. As you know with older kids, smells are one of the sharpest senses in an infant.
Our Ped Oked the use of Baby Blanket brand sun screen for our kids during the newborn stage. The DR laughted when I questioned sun screen and asked me what kids in sunny climates do, get sun burned? No they use sun screen. Sun burn is very serious for baby(can cause dehydration and 2nd degree burns) so also keep light weight blankets over baby in the stoller and the Bijon/carrier. We draped our so there arms and legs were covered byt the blanket and they had a hat on their head.
Any way have a great trip and please let me know how things went with your baby!
We are looking forward to our trip in Sept. My kids are 3 and 2 now and already know the time line, new Baby in August and Disney in Sept..
Oh and this trip is really for me too, SHHH!

joanna71985

Has anyone ever taken a newborn baby to Disney World?

We are considering going to Disney with a two month old baby. We had promised the older children a trip before we conceived and didn't want to make them wait a year.

What is your experience? Your suggestions?

I think it depends on when you go. If it is during the cooler times of the year, and you can manage, then yes. However, I would not go during the summer. It is too hot for an adult, let alone a little baby.

sarajo

We took our DD when she was 6 weeks old- had a great time. Took DS#1 when he was 8 weeks- had a great time. Took DS#2 at 10 months- had a great time. Just remember (like many others have stated) don't be disappointed if you don't get to do everything you want to do. The pace is much, much slower. But, I must admit-- it gave me more time to appreciate my trips to the world. And, I had an excuse to go back to the resort and nap every day!!!

DO take advantage of the Baby Care Centers. They are magnificent!

Have a wonderful trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom