Disney NB running shoes

durangojim

OK, so I tweeted runDisney to try to get some clarification on the virtual queue. What I'm mostly confused about is if as a runner you can sign in on 1/7 but request a different date to attend (it would be 1/8 for us) also can you choose a time period or is it random. We won't even arrive in orlando until Thursday afternoon, so what happens if they give us a time to pick up the shoes and we can't make it until later. So frustrating.

atrus79

Eww....
0105ZV_0083DRresize.jpg

Agreed ... No thanks ... more time at the parks .. Yay!

dreamfinder

OK, so I tweeted runDisney to try to get some clarification on the virtual queue. What I'm mostly confused about is if as a runner you can sign in on 1/7 but request a different date to attend (it would be 1/8 for us) also can you choose a time period or is it random. We won't even arrive in orlando until Thursday afternoon, so what happens if they give us a time to pick up the shoes and we can't make it until later. So frustrating.

Well, they have tweaked this each event, but the first events it was basically an old school fast pass. You signed up, and they placed you in line. They then started serving people in the order they signed up, giving you a rough idea as to when you needed to be at WWoS. Now reading the current nbvirtualqueue.com FAQ
  • Adult runners can sign up for the Virtual Queue one time per event weekend
  • If you're a runner, sign up here, starting at 6 AM each expo day. Please note, limited reservations will be available and we do expect registration to close before the expo closes each day.
  • If you're a spectator or other guest, come straight to the expo on Saturday to access the shoes.
  • Adult runners may reserve one style/size per Virtual Queue reservation. You will be able to choose up to 5 more pairs in the booth
  • Give us your name, contact info and one requested style
  • We’ll shoot you a confirmation text with your group #, confirmation #, return time and requested style & size
At the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, we're giving runners and spectators a chance to purchase the limited edition runDisney footwear collection.
Runners, you can enter your bib number to sign up early to try on or purchase the collection on Wednesday, January 7, and Friday, January 9.
Family, friends and spectators, you get to jump in line by signing up at NBVirtualQueue.com on Thursday, January 8, and Saturday, January 10.
There will be no standby line during the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna.
Runners and spectators, make sure to sign up starting at 6 AM on your respective day to beat the crowds.

I would say it still works somewhat similarly. You can register morning of to get in line that day, and they tell you roughly when to be there. The different days is a bit of a quirk though, not to mention different information is presented in different places. (One place says Sat only for spectators, the other says Thurs or Sat) I'd suggest hopping on tmrw morning, and going through but not clicking register. See if it lets you pick a day or time. But from what I'm reading, I think it will be more day of time they assign.

durangojim

Well, they have tweaked this each event, but the first events it was basically an old school fast pass. You signed up, and they placed you in line. They then started serving people in the order they signed up, giving you a rough idea as to when you needed to be at WWoS. Now reading the current nbvirtualqueue.com FAQ

I would say it still works somewhat similarly. You can register morning of to get in line that day, and they tell you roughly when to be there. The different days is a bit of a quirk though, not to mention different information is presented in different places. (One place says Sat only for spectators, the other says Thurs or Sat) I'd suggest hopping on tmrw morning, and going through but not clicking register. See if it lets you pick a day or time. But from what I'm reading, I think it will be more day of time they assign.

They responded and said you have to sign up the day you want to get the shoes, not a different day and they will assign a time to return like the old FP (like dreamfinder said), but they advised for anyone flying in the day the want to attend the expo to sign up when you land.

Mad Stitch

So they took a current shoe, added some embroidery, and stuck a runDisney iron-on onto the tongue. Creativity sure went out the door quickly with these.

Kermit262

Virtual Queue closed by 06:15 this morning. I got my Mickey style reserved but my wife and daughter were not so lucky - they had very limited Minnie and Cinderella sizes to choose from.

dreamfinder

So they took a current shoe, added some embroidery, and stuck a runDisney iron-on onto the tongue. Creativity sure went out the door quickly with these.

I'm wondering if these were a last second scramble. To go from 4 styles (plus kids sizes) that by all accounts sold like hotcakes down to just 2 seems odd. The fact these were a relatively simple redo of an existing colorway, that they bagged the release they showed in the Avenger guide, and that these styles are made in the US (stick on a semi truck and drive down the east coast instead of a slow boat from Asia) strikes me as perhaps a late change for some reason. I'd be interested in seeing what they end up doing for the marathon majors since those all have LE releases as well.

Virtual Queue closed by 06:15 this morning. I got my Mickey style reserved but my wife and daughter were not so lucky - they had very limited Minnie and Cinderella sizes to choose from.

Yikes that's fast.

durangojim

I'm wondering if these were a last second scramble. To go from 4 styles (plus kids sizes) that by all accounts sold like hotcakes down to just 2 seems odd. The fact these were a relatively simple redo of an existing colorway, that they bagged the release they showed in the Avenger guide, and that these styles are made in the US (stick on a semi truck and drive down the east coast instead of a slow boat from Asia) strikes me as perhaps a late change for some reason. I'd be interested in seeing what they end up doing for the marathon majors since those all have LE releases as well.

Yikes that's fast.
Funny, the NB twitter feed told me to sign up tomorrow after our plane lands at 2:30pm. Don't think I'll be waiting that long.:)

Texas84

They had limited quantities of the old styles. I was able to get size 10 Goofys Wednesday after 1600. They are supposed to have some held over for Star Wars next weekend.

Kermit262

Yeah after a few days of effort got my Mickey's (2014), 2014 Minnie's for the wife, and 2014 Cinderella's for my daughter. And a whole lot of other expo stuff. It's a money pit. But all good. :)

LindsayLoves

I saw one person the entire week with the black version of the new shoes on while on a bus to Downtown Disney. I heard they were priced at $185 which might be part of the reason I didn't see too many.

dreamfinder

I saw one person the entire week with the black version of the new shoes on while on a bus to Downtown Disney. I heard they were priced at $185 which might be part of the reason I didn't see too many.

Yikes. I think that model does list for like $15 more than the ones they had last year, but that is alot of cash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom