Disney name tags

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
Back in the 1990's, you were able to purchase "Guest of Honor" nametags that looked similar to cast member nametags where they would engrave your name and hometown. I had one, but of course, lost it at some point. They discontinued them some time ago, but I know one of the Disney sites bought their stock and continued to sell them.

Anyone know which site and if they're still selling them?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Oops, I forgot that I promised to send you this info....

I bought a name tag from laughingplacestore.com a couple of years ago, engraved "Monty". Unfortunately, looking at their site now, they no longer carry any of the ones I remember them having.

All they have that I can find is the Mr. Potato Head part Guest of Honor pin:

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-6464.asp

Which obviously won't help. :shrug:

I'm not sure if it's just that they finally ran out of stock or if Disney shut them down... Cast members now have name tags other than the standard white ones. There are now coloured CM tags now that designate "Legacy" CMs. They look like this:

Legacy+Name+Tag.jpg

macsmom

There was a place on Main Street where you could get a name badge. On the right somewhere. Oh, I can't remember the name of the place. But, I know I got one!

danna

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There was a place on Main Street where you could get a name badge. On the right somewhere. Oh, I can't remember the name of the place. But, I know I got one!

danna

I think they discontinued that after the Happiest Celebration on Earth promotion. That's when we got ours.

menamechris

I haven't seen one of those yet. What does a cast member need to do to become a legacy?

From what I have heard it is extremely difficult. You won't see many people with these - however, when you do - they are like the superstars of cast members. It means the Walt Disney Company has actually acknowledged that cast member. Its not a title that managers will be handing out - but rather something from the head cheeses.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I haven't seen one of those yet. What does a cast member need to do to become a legacy?

Here are the three official criteria that must be met in order for a Cast Member to be nominated for a Walt Disney Legacy Award, or in the official explanation “for their remarkable achievements in all of the following three categories”;

• DREAM – An innovative visionary, who understands the elements of building a world-class experience.
  • CREATE – Actively develops an entrepreneurial, efficient and continuously improving experience for Cast and Guests.
  • INSPIRE – Models inclusive, collaborative, supportive and positive behaviors and actions.

Recipients Must Excel In All 3 Categories.

spock

Here are the three official criteria that must be met in order for a Cast Member to be nominated for a Walt Disney Legacy Award, or in the official explanation “for their remarkable achievements in all of the following three categories”;

• DREAM – An innovative visionary, who understands the elements of building a world-class experience.
  • CREATE – Actively develops an entrepreneurial, efficient and continuously improving experience for Cast and Guests.
  • INSPIRE – Models inclusive, collaborative, supportive and positive behaviors and actions.

That is AWESOME!! I love this concept!!

TheBeatles

it used to be the partner's in excellence program. same kind of deal, but a different name. CMs who were selected for that have a square-ish pin on the left side--your right-- of their name tag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom