Disney movies that deserve attractions

Matt7187

Original Poster
I have been thinking about all of the threads on these boards nowadays about how disney should build a land/ride based on movies like James Bond, Lord of the Rings, Willy Wonka, and I could keep going on. While most of those are good ideas, they all have one thing in common…
They aren't disney movies! There are so many movies that they have never even attempted to make into an attraction and would make great ones! Could anyone else see an incredibles ride! What disney movies do you think deserve an attraction at disney world?

rnese

I would love to see Elliot from Pete's Dragon somewhere in AK. Disney has fantasy animals that actually belong to them and don't need to be bought!
I've been saying that for some time now! Pete's Dragon is a good story. I've also said in the past that it would be a good Idea to have Dr. Terminus and Hoagie roll their wagon out onto Mainstreet USA a couple of times each afternoon to interact with the guests and sell them "snake oil".

Another movie which could stand to get an attraction is National Treasure. An animatronic Benjamin Franklin Gates, stealing the Declaration of Independence would be CLASSIC!

wcjordan06

I know they have had show like attractions and that odd attraction at The Land, but it still baffles me how The Lion King has yet to get a real attraction that is more than a show. A dark ride would be fun but I could see them taking it to a new level for AK giving them a new e-ticket with a ride to help Simba dethrown Scar, avoiding the wildebeest stampede, etc etc..

Matt7187

Original Poster
I know they have had show like attractions and that odd attraction at The Land, but it still baffles me how The Lion King has yet to get a real attraction that is more than a show. A dark ride would be fun but I could see them taking it to a new level for AK giving them a new e-ticket with a ride to help Simba dethrown Scar, avoiding the wildebeest stampede, etc etc..
Would love a pride land in ak, possibly where rafiki's planet watch is?

PUSH

Hercules. A dark ride showcasing the music from that movie would be great! It has some of the most overlooked music in Disney. It also has some of my favorite Disney music.

I also think the Lion King could use a ride. I know they have a couple of things with it liked FotLK and Circle of Life film, but the movie could use a ride.

Aladdin could also use a legitimate ride as spinners are not very good rides.

Matt7187

Original Poster
Hercules. A dark ride showcasing the music from that movie would be great! It has some of the most overlooked music in Disney. It also has some of my favorite Disney music.

I also think the Lion King could use a ride. I know they have a couple of things with it liked FotLK and Circle of Life film, but the movie could use a ride.

Aladdin could also use a legitimate ride as spinners are not very good rides.
I always thought Hercules was not only overlooked by musical standards, but also as a movie in whole. A dark ride would do wonders for any park it would go in! It would go in MK, right?

wcjordan06

It's a favorite of mine, however, Disney has seemed to sweep it under the rug after a few years. Be fun to see them do the queue line through the God's temples and what not, and coming up to AA of The Muses singing and telling some of the story of Hercules and Hades before getting on the ride.

wcjordan06

I always thought Hercules was not only overlooked by musical standards, but also as a movie in whole. A dark ride would do wonders for any park it would go in! It would go in MK, right?
Yeah most likely in NFL or AL. Though they did have a parade for him (and Mulan) in MGM Studios when the movie came out so maybe it could work in DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom