1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Magical Express Split Stay Question

Discussion in 'Ground & Air Transportation' started by ZBSW, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ZBSW

ZBSW New Member

We are planning a split stay in early January.
    Is it possible to use the DME back to the airport if our second hotel is the Swan, but get picked up at our first Disney Hotel?

Say Jan 1-4 POP Jan 5-8 SWAN.
    On the last day we travel back to the POP DME stop and head back to the airport from there.

Thanks for any answer provided.

2. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

No you cannot, since your valid Disney resort reservation expires at midnight on January 4th.
    You can book a Mears shuttle from the Swan (which is cheaper than a taxi) or Uber.

3. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't think that would work. Whenever I've gotten on DME, they require me to have the letter to show I have a valid reservation.

4. ZBSW

ZBSW New Member Original Poster

Thanks for the reply folks.
    Looks like we do one of those airport shuttles back.

5. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Depending on the number of people in your party (if it's 4 or more), you might be able to hire a private towncar (or UberXL) for about the same price (or less) as you'd pay for a shared shuttle van.

orlandoshuttleservice.com can give you quotes for several companies/levels of car at once (plus ratings and reviews for each), if you're interested in going the towncar route. (I've never used them, but I've been researching and pricing out transportation from the airport to Universal, where we'll be starting off our next trip to Orlando, and if I'm going to spend $80 for my family to get there, I think I'd rather spend it on our own dedicated towncar with meet-and-greet service, instead of hopping in a Mears van with stangers.) :)

6. Polydweller

Polydweller Well-Known Member

Yep. And it's because the DME is not a bus service, it is licensed as an airport transfer service between the airport and a Disney owned and operated hotel. Since the Swan is owned by Tishman and operated by Starwood it is not included in the DME service.