Disney Magical Express/Room Ready

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!
Although my family and I have visited Disney many times before, we have never used DME (We usually rent a car but last trip the car rental place moved out of the airport and never told us…it was a pain so we are trying something new)! I have been reading up on it and just wanted to ask a quick question about luggage arriving and the room being ready. Our flight lands around 11 am and I read that it usually takes 2 plus hours for the luggage to get to the room. Since our flight is a little early, what happens if the room isn't ready for check in, but the luggage arrives? In the past, our room has always been ready for check in before 3pm but last trip it wasn't (to be fair it was NYE though) so just curious what happens with the luggage then. I only ask because we have ADR for dinner at the California Grill and so our plan was to head to the MK beforehand. I was thinking I should pack my dress for the California Grill in my carry on so that we aren't waiting for the room to be ready or luggage to arrive (or if it gets lost)? Or do you guys think thats unnecessary? Thank you!

72 DAYS!

Betsyboo

DME is wonderful. They say to allow up to 3 hours for your luggage to arrive. If you have carryons you can leave them with bell services after you check in and head on to the parks. I honestly don't know what they do if your room isn't ready but your luggage arrives other than they'd hold it and then put it in your room when the room is ready.

I ALWAYS pack an extra set of clothing just in case my bag doesn't make it from my home airport to MCO.

disney4life2008

I arrived at 1030am and was in my room by 1pm. But my luggage did not arrive until after 5pm when I left for the evening for the MK. To be safe - always back medicine and change of clothes in check in bag (and do not forget your MB you will need them at DME check in).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh awesome thanks for the advice! I always pack extra clothes on my carry on as well, so I will make sure to do that and pack my dress! I'm glad you mentioned the Magic Bands! I forgot I read most people have to dig through their luggage to find them!

DisneyJoe

Luggage travels from the airport to your resort and is stored in Bell/Luggage services until they are ready to take it to your room.

ParkMan73

DME has always worked fantastically for us.

We had one trip where the luggage was delayed for a day. So now, we just pack an extra day's worth of clothing in our carry-on. I would make sure to pack any true valuables in your carry-on too - laptop, camera, etc... I trust the DME folks, but bags could get lost...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom