Disney looking for character performers for special event

Bacon

Original Poster
IMG_1582.JPG

ToTBellHop

Oh, my mistake--a mere $100/person for yogurt, ham and cheese croissant, and mini pancakes.

Will people really pay that? I know it's the City, but c'mon. Everyone has their limits. I'd pay that for a meal (no wine) from Eric Ripert, but mini pancakes?!

asianway

Oh, my mistake--a mere $100/person for yogurt, ham and cheese croissant, and mini pancakes.

Will people really pay that? I know it's the City, but c'mon. Everyone has their limits. I'd pay that for a meal (no wine) from Eric Ripert, but mini pancakes?!
Setting up a temporary mini-entertainment dept in NYC is a lot of overhead. Consider the remote location.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Interesting. The only other time I know of this happening was a parade in Panama which... didn't go exceptionally well, as far as new performers go...

dreamfinder

Interesting. The only other time I know of this happening was a parade in Panama which... didn't go exceptionally well, as far as new performers go...

Nothing against the residents of Panama, but I'd expect there to be alot more people with an entertainment background willing and able to do this in NYC than in Panama. A nice change from waiting tables for a few up and coming yet to be discovered stars.

Last edited:

discos

Feel like with it being in NYC they won't have any trouble finding Disney standard performers. Wouldn't be surprised if the performers who book the job were past Disney Cruise Line performers who live in the area!

ToTBellHop

That doesn't seem as different as the expensive dinner parties they throw in the Resort....
They have a captive audience in Central Florida.

Thousands of places to eat in the City.

I'm genuinely curious to see if this works for them. Maybe by next year, Rapunzel will be appearing at Jean-Georges daily for breakfast.

5' 4" sure they can find a character for me. In fact I have family that works in Disney and in 1982 I had an interview for a position when they found out my height LOL
never did leave CT to apply

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom