Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

WDW1974

I'm guessing "Crazy Mickey's Everything Must Go - Act Now!! Promotion" was their second choice.

But wait! There's more. Book now and we'll throw in holiday decorations for Arbor Day! But act fast. The magic is limited.

Seriously though, they should be doing this stuff all the time. So, it's good to see them doing what they should be even if they made a mess of the name.

I'm thinking it would have been more enjoyable to have a campaign like this that literally was something new or different for 52 weeks ... this is 'a little bit of MAGIC here and a little bit of MAGIC there ... and, oh yeah, please don't notice the largest price increaeses in WDW history and the fact that we have now created lines where they didn't exist by Fastpassing everything from Nemo to SSE to Mansion to GMR to justify the fact we have spent a billion plus dollars on a datamining initiative.'

WDW1974

Yes. This kind of stuff, especially the seasonal events, should ideally be done year in and year out as a matter of the parks' standard operating procedure. Rather than just releasing a LE pin for Valentine's Day or Independence Day, the parks should have substantive seasonal plussing -- as well as special seasonal events and entertainment that are included in the cost of admission -- as something that's simply inherent to the way Disney parks do business... one of the value-added features that sets Disney apart from its competitors.

I hope this promotion turns out to be successful from a financial standpoint, so that Disney can justify continuing these sorts of things indefinitely, rather than just as a cynical, makeshift promotion to entice guests in a year when neither WDW nor DLR is set to debut any additions on the level of Cars Land or FLE.

You do know that Georgie K is planning on WDWing DL next year and charging/extorting people for Christmas entertainment that they have been getting for free since DL began offering it?

This isn't TDR or HKDL where everything is constantly changed by the season and new every year and INCLUDED with the cost of admission.

Goofnut1980

Maybe I should plan 6 weeks instead of 3 different weeks next year.... hmmmm lets see.

Labor Day, Im off work, I could easily add 1 day on and have a nice 4 day weekend.
Memorial Day is another...
Thanksgiving and the day after I am off.. Shoot that would be a week before I go with the family... 6 weeks could be easily done... Does anyone else think I'm nuts??? hahahaha

Maybe rebranding is in order. "Remember the Magic" should be brought back. Or something new like "Magic & Pixie Dust"

Kuhio

My first Spirited thoughts upon hearing this 'announcement' this morning:

1.) Is this the Transformers swatter?;

If so, someone missed the chance to preempt Universal by characterizing WDW and DLR as the true home of "transformers" in 2013:

Disney's Year of Magical Transformations

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine's Week, as Disney Princes join their Princesses to transform the Magic Kingdom into a kingdom of everlasting love.

Independence Week: Disney Parks honor the transformation of the Thirteen Colonies into the United States of America by bathing Disney castles on both coasts with patriotic lighting.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will transform into starring players in spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate for one day when you could transform into a scalawag for an entire week?

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will transform into the "Original Boy Band" by delivering a medley of hits from One DIrection, *NSYNC, and the Backstreet Boys.

Unleash the Villains: Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar, and other Disney Villains will transform Disneyland park and Disney's Hollywood Studios into their own playgrounds of nighttime mischief on Friday the 13th in September 2013.

Golden Horseshoe and Diamond Horseshoe: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland for one month only. At Walt Disney World, due to overwhelming guest demand, the Diamond Horseshoe will transform permanently into a pin, Vinylmation, and Duffy store.

In short, 2013 will be a prime opportunity to optimize the magic and energize your family with deceptively affordable deals at Disney Parks!

jrh1985

I'm beginning to wonder if the name has anything to do upcoming Entertainment changes at MK???? Could an end of MSEP and/or CADCT Announcement be coming soon?

ExtinctJenn

I'm beginning to wonder if the name has anything to do upcoming Entertainment changes at MK???? Could an end of MSEP and/or CADCT Announcement be coming soon?
Pretty sure the name more has to do with the fact that throughout the year they are doing little things for a limited time. :)

yeti

don-draper-mad-men.jpg

Omegadiz

This looks like their excuse to do everything that they're supposed to do already. The only treat being golden horse shoe. They should celebrate valentines day anyway. Independence day is celebrated anyway, like it should. Friday the 13th should have already been taken advantage of. Lesser known characters should be out on rotation anyway. Not very impressed. They should do more seasonal events that aren't hard ticketed a la TDR

nytimez

On the other hand, think of how much more accurate all marketing campaigns would be if they worked the disclaimer right into the title.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Like others, the name leaves me :confused:.

But I like the idea of the promotion. A little something different every visit. Sure, some of it is stuff that I'd rather have full time (Golden Horseshoe Revenue, e.g.), but I like the idea of different things each week/month. We'll see how substantive they are. For example, if Boy Bands week includes ONLY the Dapper Dans tag, that's a pretty lame thing to even advertise. If, however, it also includes concerts at the America Gardens theater (perhaps by Boy Cover Bands) or at the West End Stage (oh wait, that's gone), appearances in the parade (like the "I'm Going to DisneyWorld" celebs), etc, then we might have something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom