Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah but the discounts should at least be the same, I think. I think the discounts are unfair in Florida.

The disparity introduced recently is odd certainly.. but not too radical. The offerings are different.. the pricing is different.. the type of markeitng/discounting needed are different. With all of that, its reasonable to expect the product and perks may be different as well. These are perks to attract customers.. not some 'rights' :)

Californian Elitist

The disparity introduced recently is odd certainly.. but not too radical. The offerings are different.. the pricing is different.. the type of markeitng/discounting needed are different. With all of that, its reasonable to expect the product and perks may be different as well. These are perks to attract customers.. not some 'rights' :)

True but at least a discount on quick service! Lol!

They're rights to Disneylanders. Haha.

TP2000

Oh dear, Light Magic... I'm sure they don't want to us off like they did then. I don't know what they were thinking, replacing the Electrical Parade with that garbage. And they had the nerve to put in the Baroque Hoedown as a painful reminder. no wonder it only lasted a few months.

Light Magic was horrible, at least to Southern Californians. But...

I still remember vividly the evening in Mid-Summer 1997 that I watched Light Magic for the third or fourth time. I was posting on alt.disney.disneyland then and it was already widely accepted that Light Magic was the biggest flop since the Edsel. But that one night I sat on the Main Street USA curb next to a charming young British couple who I chatted with. And they absolutely LOVED the show! They thought it was "Brilliant!" in their own happy words, which is a popular phrase with Brits. Light Magic only lasted about six more weeks, as it was gone for good by Labor Day weekend.

It had its merits. But it wasn't a home run, and Southern Californians expect everything Disneyland does to be a home run. Most recently, Cars Land has been a Grand Slam Home Run In The Ninth Inning, and so the locals have been happy. But Light Magic? That was a failed bunt, and it took years for the locals to forgive TDA for it. Light Magic was the beginning of the Paul Pressler era, which ended with the spectacular failure that was DCA 1.0 in 2001. Not a surprise Pressler and his immediate cronies like Cynthia Harriss didn't last long at Disney after Eisner installed them at Disneyland.

RSoxNo1

I doubt that they have "different rules".
I mean legally they may be able to have Roger Rabbit appear in parks in California because of the attraction, but not in Florida. The character isn't solely owned by Disney, if I remember correctly. It may be similar to in park usage of Marvel characters on both coasts. Universal gave up their Marvel rights on the West Coast a few months before Disney acquired Marvel.

lazyboy97o

I mean legally they may be able to have Roger Rabbit appear in parks in California because of the attraction, but not in Florida. The character isn't solely owned by Disney, if I remember correctly. It may be similar to in park usage of Marvel characters on both coasts. Universal gave up their Marvel rights on the West Coast a few months before Disney acquired Marvel.
Unless Warner Bros. is holding out, I cannot imagine Amblin being a huge hurdle. Spielberg's films are distributed by Disney and Kennedy is now actively working for Disney.

asianway

I think ihatefoamers is right - it has more to do with local park mgmt. For all we know Roger doesnt exist in Florida anymore.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sheesh We get Thumper & Ms Bunny for this event and what does DL get? ROGER RABBIT!! Come On!! *Grumble* *Grumble*
BGPf9RlCUAA_wQr.jpg:large

disneyfan1995

They really should have had Long Lost Friends Week (the only good week so far) be either longer or have it be repeated multiple times. It seemed to be a very popular event, and I'm very bitter that I missed it by a week. Another idea would to have like an event around the release of a movie onto Dvd/bluray. For example, when Peter Pan was rereleased they could have had all the special Peter Pan characters come out or they could have had a special preparade or small type of show. It's not like they don't have the resources to do something like that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom