Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

bethymouse

I really hate the name.:mad: Limited? Maybe Year of Traditional Magic w/ some "oldies" coming back or something! Year of Bringing Back the Old Magic or anything but "limited". I am not a fan of this.:( These "surprises hopefully will be a good experience.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Great Idea!:D
Bad Name!:oops:

Also (as others have mentioned) - It's a great way for Disney to gauge what we REALLY want (and love) about our favorite place(s) - Hopefully that's why they're doing it. ;)

tracyandalex

I'm on board with the idea (idk about the name, but whatever). I'm hoping this is a way to gauge what magic guests would like to see so it can be incorporated into the standard operating procedures *fingers crossed* here's hoping!

NewfieFan

Well, I just have to agree with everyone... the concept has me excited but the name... what were they thinking!?! I think the "Name Generator" was broke that morning and one of the words from the "Small Print Generator" got thrown in.

Looking forward to seeing what some of these events entail. It seems like this type of promotion caters more to locals and AP holders.

kennygman

I'd like to hope the value in this promotion is to let people plan a trip in advance. This is the same business unit that requires planning at six months out to eat and soon to be(maybe) fsstpasses. It would be nice for a more complete schedule of events.

Schedule? Disney is continually eliminating schedules from public view. They launched a new app that shows Animal Kingdom characters sleeping all day and Hollywood Studios only has cars.

PeoplemoverTTA

Great Idea!:D
Bad Name!:oops:

Also (as others have mentioned) - It's a great way for Disney to gauge what we REALLY want (and love) about our favorite place(s) - Hopefully that's why they're doing it. ;)

My only concern with that theory is that there are plenty of people who can't afford, or don't have the flexibility, to schedule a vacation around retro character M&Gs. It may be true for locals, though.

Of course, maybe they're just acknowledging that the magic has been downgraded to limited time. After all, the rest of the time will be spent racing across parks to meet your scheduled meal, ride, character meet and bathroom times. Not much time left for magic! :D

Captain Neo

Long Lost Friends Week:
Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

This should be an ongoing feature of the parks

MissM

I like the idea of a lot of little special events and extras. But see, I'm a Florida Resident Passholder. So this is the kind of thing I've always wished they did more often. Things that really help "reward" locals as it were with a lot of new things to do throughout the year. Not that non-locals can't enjoy them, but I'm jealous of how much new and different changes Disneyland's Passholders get to enjoy. So I think it's a nice way to drum up some interest while at the same time, offering new experiences for Passholders.

The name to me is fine. I think of something like Cinderella's transformation until midnight - that was "limited time magic." I don't think the name implies there's no magic in the park, just that there's some extra special bits of magic that won't last long.

menamechris

This is actually a fantastic idea. The first campaign I have been excited about for a long time. I can get over the odd name - if it means putting more focus and energy back into the parks with ideas like this....

menamechris

I like the idea of a lot of little special events and extras. But see, I'm a Florida Resident Passholder. So this is the kind of thing I've always wished they did more often. Things that really help "reward" locals as it were with a lot of new things to do throughout the year. Not that non-locals can't enjoy them, but I'm jealous of how much new and different changes Disneyland's Passholders get to enjoy. So I think it's a nice way to drum up some interest while at the same time, offering new experiences for Passholders.

The name to me is fine. I think of something like Cinderella's transformation until midnight - that was "limited time magic." I don't think the name implies there's no magic in the park, just that there's some extra special bits of magic that won't last long.

I agree completely. As a local, as well, this will give me great reasons to go to the parks when I otherwise may not.

yoyoflamingo

Maybe they edited the Country Bears just so they could a limited magic week of the full show.

Good idea, but there's so much more that could be done, and as others have said, "limited" and "magic" shouldn't be so close when referring to a Disney park.

AndyS2992

Having Disney World nearby is more than enough of a reward lol

yoyoflamingo

One week only:

-Buy tickets at 1971 levels! (Magic Kingdom only)
-Visit Discovery Island
-Be shrunk to the size of a blood cell on Body Wars.
-Find unique merchandise in our stores.
-Only the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Fort Wilderness Resorts will be open to stay.
-Visit the Ole Swimmin' Hole at River Country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom