Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

DisneyDad53

It will be interesting to see what the other 52 weeks will be but color me excited for most of these. Having the Revue back and less popular characters.

To the comments about using 'limited' and 'magic' in the title i think is ok they way they've done it. It hits what I know to well that time with my daughters is fleeting and there are only so many disney vacations I can have with them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a step in the right direction. Maybe someone is getting the point.

But how many of these plussings will be things that were previous cuts?

Off to the closet to get my pixie dust gas mask out...
I agree. When I read what was being offered I had to double check that it included WDW and was not just a DL promotion as this seems like the seasonal offerings that DL does to attract locals. I hope it works, but if it does not turn into extra rotations of the turnstiles at WDW I would not count on seeing it again.

llrain

not too shabby disney, there are still creative (minus the name of the promo) minds wandering your halls.
Alot better promotion than many of the others they've come up with in recent years.
And probably the best ever promotion for 2 reasons, from an business standpoint, not guest:
A. Get people in the parks more often cause you dont know what classic idea might appear this week, so locals
are drawn here every week if possible...I know if I lived in florida Id make a every week of the year visit for this
B. Get more people you get more cashflow

MagicMike

I really love the concept of this. It will be interesting to see just how much they do with the Parks during the "Limited Time Magic" weeks. Decorations, parades, shows, dining, etc. I would love to see them go all out for each.

Goofnut1980

Ok, so the name of the promo is just weird... It well, doesn't flow.. but the 52 weeks of celebrations is unique and I am kinda excited. Even if some of you say its like YOMD, it is just great to see some promotions.

I have 3 different weeks planned next year. So I can't wait! Bring on the pixie dust!!!

I wonder if the marque "Let the Memories Begin" that is in front of MK will be changed/updated?

lebeau

I'm guessing "Crazy Mickey's Everything Must Go - Act Now!! Promotion" was their second choice.

But wait! There's more. Book now and we'll throw in holiday decorations for Arbor Day! But act fast. The magic is limited.

Seriously though, they should be doing this stuff all the time. So, it's good to see them doing what they should be even if they made a mess of the name.

Piebald

ImOKwiththis.jpg

Sounds like this is catering to locals more than anything. Voting to see which obscure characters they will yank out of their hospice is very Disneyland-esque.

dcibrando

I like how they are starting to incorporate more villains into things... there is a big market here... and I think they should do more. whether they create a villains section of a theme park, or have different "events"... i think it would be cool just to see the viillains roaming around the parks at night (not stopping for photos or any of that) but just walking around sorta like stalking/watching people, mixing in with the crowd, etc.

jrh1985

Ok, so the name of the promo is just weird... It well, doesn't flow.. but the 52 weeks of celebrations is unique and I am kinda excited. Even if some of you say its like YOMD, it is just great to see some promotions.

I have 3 different weeks planned next year. So I can't wait! Bring on the pixie dust!!!

I wonder if the marque "Let the Memories Begin" that is in front of MK will be changed/updated?

I can't see it saying LTM!! MAYBE New Fantasyland.....

Kuhio

Seems like a toned down and themed version of 'Year of a Million Dreams' promotion, just with a very limited amount of dreams lol

Year of a Dozen Dreams?

Seriously though, they should be doing this stuff all the time. So, it's good to see them doing what they should be even if they made a mess of the name.

Yes. This kind of stuff, especially the seasonal events, should ideally be done year in and year out as a matter of the parks' standard operating procedure. Rather than just releasing a LE pin for Valentine's Day or Independence Day, the parks should have substantive seasonal plussing -- as well as special seasonal events and entertainment that are included in the cost of admission -- as something that's simply inherent to the way Disney parks do business... one of the value-added features that sets Disney apart from its competitors.

I hope this promotion turns out to be successful from a financial standpoint, so that Disney can justify continuing these sorts of things indefinitely, rather than just as a cynical, makeshift promotion to entice guests in a year when neither WDW nor DLR is set to debut any additions on the level of Cars Land or FLE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom