Disney is getting rid of hot cheese

mousehockey37

I saw the post with proof of a working cheese dispenser, thank you to @Next Big Thing for posting it. I was in the middle of dinner...we had fondue, lol.

@mousehockey37 my wife and I were discussing a Disney run last night, hopefully gonna make it down in two weeks. I'm gonna try and get a picture of me drinking from that dispenser...some how, some way.

And just for @unkadug, make sure you have a dole whip in your other hand.... Spiked or not, that's up to you, we won't tell :D

punkabella

Maybe they will have magic band enabled hot cheese dispensers. Kind of like the whole drink cups at the resort. It'll help keep kiddies away from the hot stuff. Remember, fast pass + and magic bands are only enabled for a few things.. Disney says it's almost unlimited to what "magic" the bands can help deliver. Please deliver me some hot cheese sauce.

Daniel Johnson

I have a real solid source that says the cheese is still available.
I Hope your source is right. I would rather the cheese not be gone.
As the blog post was made today, I thought it was pertinent to this thread. Also the blog post says it is still avalible by request at some locations, so, your source, and the post may both be right...

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Wait a minute. You guys seriously waited until I left for vacation at WDW to post (and post, and post, and post) the most brilliantly insane thread since Juniebug or whatever her name was posted about her unmagical day in the Magic Kingdom??????

I'm late to the party but this thread has had more twists than an Agatha Christie novel, and was twice as entertaining. I am going into a shame spiral that I read every single page and now I need to go drown myself in a big bucket of artificial cheese substance. Or at least a bucket of booze.

Seriously though, thanks everyone for the laughs.

;)

IMFearless

Any chance of an update on the hot cheese situation from troops on the ground?

Maybe we should have a "hot cheese availability watch" to go alongside "yeti effects status watch"

Of all the things Disney are getting rid of, condiments bars are just the tip of the iceberg, no pun intended. It just seems lately that the opposite of "plussing" is becoming widespread. Like the powers that be are looking at every attraction and experience on offer and are thinking "how can we shave just a little more off the guest experience". I know... we'll get rid of the hot cheese, remove that talking bin, stop the photos being included with the dining packages, cut the appetisers, shorten the EMH, make people pay their own tips on the dining plan.

It happens so often across the board it almost becomes unnoteworthy any more. It sounds silly to get upset about hot cheese but it is the overall trend that is the worrying part. I'm sure Peco Bills used to have the cheese in big bowls which you could serve with a ladle, and if I'm not mistaken there was also a bowl of chilli which was next to it, seem to recall this in 2011.

stevehousse

So is this true or not? I would assume if they were gonna get rid of it, they would still have to use up all the supply they had until they ran out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom