Disney Institute

Ariel

Original Poster
I'm wondering if anyone ever took advantage of this opportunity while it was available to individuals? I took a few classes there and visited the spa a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I was disappointed when they took the classes away on an individual basis. :( Just curious if you took anything and what you thought?

Tramp

Yes...I tried the room that was painted all white and padded with these neat little rubber cushions. They put this little jacket on me so that i could hug myself and bounce off the walls...

huh?

oh....

wrong institute...sorry 'bout that!:confused: :confused:

Ariel

Original Poster
Actually, I think that is the right one!! They keep saying "everything will be okay" and "sure, we believe you when you say you really ARE a mermaid", right??? Hmmmm...I actually thought it was just me, myself and I that had visited there. :)

Kontra

I did this back around 1996-97 I think. My family and I did the canoe trip(alligators everywhere), the animation, and truffle cooking. It was a great experience, you really got to see a lot. There were still a quite a few classes that appealed to me, but now it looks as though I'll never get the chance.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I loved the Disney Institute! I took the topiary class, animation, and a computer class. It was so much fun, I'd love to do it again. I was there the summer of Hurricane Bob. The secret service was everywhere because Clinton was set to visit, but good old Bob scared him away. I know they don't have day programs anymore, but does the institute even offer classes at all anymore?

Ariel

Original Poster
I actually took the topiary and an animation class, as well as a cooking class, which was so much fun!! I believe they still have classes, but only offer them to companies. That's too bad because I had always hoped to go back and try that rock climbing class!!

Moose

I was once institutionalized by my employer who sent me to take Disney's Approach to Leadership Excellence. I went autocratic dictator and returned a friendly, touchy feely, inclusive manager who loved his team and listened to there every want and desire.

Of course I never saw my family and shortly after returnong to work I returned to my base instinct of bullying my way to get hame and play with my wife a kids. (Justg kidding :D It was the best management training I have ever taken. It's too bad Judson Greene left Disney and they forgot what they teach.)

:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom