Disney in Late February

Chef Mickey

When does the Spring Break rush start? I typically go in January, but might give February to the first couple days in March a try this year.

Anything to watch for during these times?

Figured it should be reasonably slow, but I might be forgetting a Brazilian holiday or event since I'm usually not there.

Anyone like this time?

We'll be there Feb. 27-Mar. 5, the same week we went last year. The crowds weren't as low as when we've gone in Sept., but not bad at all. The temps are usually pleasant, and the rain storms not as prevalent as other times of year. The F&G festival is my favorite time to visit Epcot, and I'm excited that we'll be there the first days of it again this year. It seemed to me that the crowds at Epcot weren't any heavier during those days. I also can highly recommend the F&G tour, can't remember the exact name. We've been on it twice, and I loved it both times. It's tricky to schedule because they don't list it until close to opening of the festival. Last year I had to call WDW to see if it was even offered, and was able to schedule it over the phone.

Upvote 0

WDeejW

We will be there from Feb. 22-28th. I'm hoping for low crowds and short wait times :) I will definitely post what it was like when we get back.

Upvote 0

DWFEVR

Regardless of when you come Feb. or March check your weather. We live in Florida and this year on Christmas we were at the beach. Yesterday we washed the car and tomorrow our high is 59, Tues. it's 52...so needless to say our weather has been "abnormal" this year. We were at Disney last March and it is was shorts weather. We may have rain we may have sun...who knows. Our weather is just as unpredictable as what everyone is getting up North. It doesn't matter though....you always have a good time at Disney.

Upvote 0

Goofyernmost

Regardless of when you come Feb. or March check your weather. We live in Florida and this year on Christmas we were at the beach. Yesterday we washed the car and tomorrow our high is 59, Tues. it's 52...so needless to say our weather has been "abnormal" this year. We were at Disney last March and it is was shorts weather. We may have rain we may have sun...who knows. Our weather is just as unpredictable as what everyone is getting up North. It doesn't matter though....you always have a good time at Disney.
If you're from the north 52 degrees is short weather. :happy:

Upvote 0

EngineJoe

When does the Spring Break rush start? I typically go in January, but might give February to the first couple days in March a try this year.

Anything to watch for during these times?

Figured it should be reasonably slow, but I might be forgetting a Brazilian holiday or event since I'm usually not there.

Anyone like this time?

Brazilian summer vacation runs from early December to early February.
Argentinan (Turisimo) summer vacation runs from early December to late February. (they start school first week of March).

Upvote 0

Buy n' Large

Beginning of March is my favorite time to go. Short waits, good weather, etc. Just look at the crowd calender for 2016:
crowdchart2016v2.png

Upvote 0

Nick Wilde

While we're on the topic, what is the most reliable Crowd Calendar for WDW? I've been using Undercover Tourist, but it doesn't seem to be too terribly accurate.

Upvote 0

Emily Moschel

Last year went fed 28th-march 4th and crowds were not bad at all! Wait times were very manageable (All under 45 minutes I want to say, and anything more than that we had a fast pass for)

This year going the week of march 6th, hoping for the same!

Upvote 0

EngineJoe

Beginning of March is my favorite time to go. Short waits, good weather, etc. Just look at the crowd calender for 2016:
crowdchart2016v2.png

That's pretty inaccurate. I can just tell by looking at the chart and seeing January and October being the same. Doesn't account for the Brazilan Tour Groups and the Argentinian Turissimos.

Upvote 0

Buy n' Large

That's pretty inaccurate. I can just tell by looking at the chart and seeing January and October being the same. Doesn't account for the Brazilan Tour Groups and the Argentinian Turissimos.

Huh, that's interesting. I only go to Disney the first week of March, and it's always correct about that week having light crowds. I only really need a FastPass for TSMM and I'm good :).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom