Disney hotels

Beci

Original Poster
Hi
Is it worth staying in a disney hotel or on international drive i have 3 kids aged 4 5 11 i have stated before a few times on international drive help please

rob0519

"Worth" if totally relative to each individual's budget and desires. If you desire convenience, I would say staying on property is a good thing. You can drive or take Disney transportation. There's a hotel for every budget from not so expensive to very expensive.
If you want the most hotel "bang for your buck", offsite may be the way to go.

For us, we think the Deluxe MK resorts are worth it for our situation although their continuous price increases are starting to hurt the budget.

If you've never stayed on property, you may want to give it a try. I would start with a Moderate resort if it's in the budget.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodges are great "starter" resorts because they're priced like moderates but offer deluxe amenities...

Beci

Original Poster
Thank you just tryin to make sure im doing right stopping on disney as ive always do international drive

Minnie Mum

If you fly in, being able to use Magic Express is great (we rarely needed to rent a car because we found Disney transportation quite adequate). Getting back to the resort for an afternoon rest is easier. A resort reservation gets you free MBs. And being able to make FPS at 60 days is a huge plus. As is being able to make ADRs for your whole stay on your 180 day.

We've stayed off site a couple of times, but much prefer on site. The mod resorts seem to be our comfort zone for value (price vs amenities).

JIMINYCR

We have never stayed off site because we want to have the entire Disney feel to our vacation. The convenience of staying close to the parks, waking up and going to sleep in a Disney resort, having food courts, CM interaction...having that total immersion makes it worth it for me and my family. Whether its worth it to you to do the same or if cost wise you are looking to save money for the trip, will determine which way you go. I know many people who have never stayed on site and are fine with that, while others like me would never consider doing so. You have to decide what works best for you, if you can afford it, how it will impact your trip and your family and what you will value the most.

DisAl

Sounds like you have made your decision for on site. I agree with many of the other posters, on site has many advantages. We have actually found that a WDW value resort can be less expensive per night than some of the mid-range off site motels. Also, you can go to the WDW Rate Calendar pages and see which dates cost the least at WDW. It can be much less expensive for certain dates and that will let you pick what fits for you. And then start watching for incentives or discounts such as free dining or room discounts depending on when your are going.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Mousesavers.com is a great website for rate calendars (current and historical). The site provides a lot of info about each Disney resort. Not sure if they still do, but you can get a Mousesaver's discount at the Disney Springs partner hotels.

durangojim

For me I want to be in that Disney Bubble and once I hit my local airport, I don't want to worry about my bags, transportation, or anything else, so yes. We stay at deluxes and sometime POFQ because the transportation or being able to walk to the parks is worth it. BUT, I make a very good living and don't mind spending the money. There are many hotels and resorts that offer superior accommodations and service for the same amount of money so it's really up to you to determine what is worth it to you. I will say that not having to find your car at the end of the night or being able to walk batch to the Beach or Yacht Club or take a boat or monorail back to your resort from the Magic Kingdom when your kids are beat is priceless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom