Disney Horror Stories

saffie73

We went to Disney in January of 2009, just before the huge swine flu epidemic hit. It was showing up here and there, but no one actually knew it was swine flu and were dismissing it as the stomach bug. Well, we were in Hollywood Studios on our very first day and we kept winding up in close proximity to a family who had a kid who literally looked like they needed to be hooked up to life support. Every time we saw them they were dragging this poor kid around who was this strange color of green and grey, and the parents pretended not to notice. I remember thinking in the back of my head, "Hope this kid doesn't make any of us sick." Well, flash forward to a few days later when my three-year-old son turns the exact shade of green and grey, only we got him back to the hotel the moment we noticed he wasn't feeling well. He vomited twice in the hotel in short order and we decided to take him to the urgent care nearby (btw, the staff at Pop were AMAZINGLY understanding while helping us out.) We got him to the urgent care physician who promptly told us to get him to the ER; he had seen this before and wasn't sure what it was, but our son would have to be treated with IV fluids. We spent the entire night in the emergency room, getting our son a CT scan and blood work to rule out appendicitis. They never figured out what it was (testing for swine flu hadn't occurred to anyone yet; our son was one of the very first people to get it during that particular epidemic.) We had to cut our trip early by two days and he didn't feel well for a week. It wasn't until two months later when swine flu hit the news that we realized what had made him so deathly ill. I'm amazed the rest of us didn't catch it, but we kept him very isolated so I guess that helped. We lost about nine hundred bucks cutting the trip short and the hospital and urgent care trips cost us out of pocket about a grand since it was out of network. If I could track down that heartless family that dragged their sick kid all over Hollywood Studios that day so they wouldn't miss their chance to ride Hollywood Tower of Terror for the umpteenth time I'd strangle them.

Matt_Black

December, 2012, the rest rooms near Pinocchio's Village Haus. My mom and sister had to powder their noses, so I do went to take care of some business in the men's room. It was quite busy, but there was a stall open. Unfortunately, the person who had taken care of business before me... Well. Needless to say it took a moment or two before I could take care of my quite urgent business.

steviej

by Wednesday morning we knoew what it was,the Chicken Pox.

I got chicken pox at WDW during my Cp at the age of 20!

What a terrible reason to leave THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! If someone did that to me...i'd want to escape to Disney, not go back home!

Unbelievable. Are you still friends with her? Because if my family was nice enough to take her on a trip like that, and she left for such a stupid reason, I'd never speak to her again.

I was heading into the restroom in the UK pavilion in Epcot when I felt something really sharp on the inside of my arm. Turns out I got stung by a bee... And when I put my arm down, a bird crapped on me at the same time.

Good lord, luck was not on your side that day, was it?

steviej

I went with my gf's family nye week 2011 (now wife).

Had 2 awful experiences with cm's.

Our vacation kicked off on a crummy note, take DME to our hotel, the driver opens the thing where the carry ons are stored, ours are right in front. He pushes them out of the way and starts taking every other one out. Now, I could've grabbed it, he wouldn't have had to move, he wouldn't have had to stop taking out other peoples suitcases. I asked him if I could just grab mine and said they were right there while pointing to them, this lunatic screams "NO! You'll wait over there (points, not a disney point btw) and when you get them, you get them! We clear?"

Then on that same trip, we went to fantasmic, and there was a cm who was just out of control, plain and simple. My now MIL had gotten a glass of wine for her and my FIL. She put them down on a bench just to regrip her purse on her shoulder and stuff like that, this cm comes over and goes, "EXCUSE ME! this isn't a bench for YOUR STUFF only, this is a bench for other people in the park. Get the wine off of there, NOW!" I'm talking full blown screaming like a complete lunatic, THEN she had the nerve to point to the two wine glasses and say, "2 glasses? maybe a little less fantasmic and a little more AA"

Well that did it, we demanded her manager, she refused to get him! We went to another cm and asked him to get his manager, he did, manager comes over, here comes this nutjob again not letting us get a word in edge wise. As her manager is trying to be calm, collected, and professional the whole time, he's just all, "Carol, please go over there, Carol please." And she's blowing him off the entire time like he's not saying a word. It was truly unreal. How she got a job at WDW blew my mind.

That story got WDW's attention so much, when I e-mailed them after I got home, they called me to get the full story from start to finish.

We didn't go to WDW for over a year, which if you know my wife and I, is eternity

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wow, the one at Fantasmic was really out there. Oh, and you do know that the DME drivers are not CMs, don't you? They are Mears employees, though of course, there is still no excuse for his behavior.

Foltzy

December, 2012, the rest rooms near Pinocchio's Village Haus. My mom and sister had to powder their noses, so I do went to take care of some business in the men's room. It was quite busy, but there was a stall open. Unfortunately, the person who had taken care of business before me... Well. Needless to say it took a moment or two before I could take care of my quite urgent business.
Why leave a legacy at Epcot when you could leave a much more personal one like stated!

rob0519

This thread just won't die. It started in 2003, went dormant until 2011, went dormant again until January of this year and it's back again. Sort of a horror story in and of itself.;)

I went with my gf's family nye week 2011 (now wife).

Had 2 awful experiences with cm's.

Our vacation kicked off on a crummy note, take DME to our hotel, the driver opens the thing where the carry ons are stored, ours are right in front. He pushes them out of the way and starts taking every other one out. Now, I could've grabbed it, he wouldn't have had to move, he wouldn't have had to stop taking out other peoples suitcases. I asked him if I could just grab mine and said they were right there while pointing to them, this lunatic screams "NO! You'll wait over there (points, not a disney point btw) and when you get them, you get them! We clear?"

Then on that same trip, we went to fantasmic, and there was a cm who was just out of control, plain and simple. My now MIL had gotten a glass of wine for her and my FIL. She put them down on a bench just to regrip her purse on her shoulder and stuff like that, this cm comes over and goes, "EXCUSE ME! this isn't a bench for YOUR STUFF only, this is a bench for other people in the park. Get the wine off of there, NOW!" I'm talking full blown screaming like a complete lunatic, THEN she had the nerve to point to the two wine glasses and say, "2 glasses? maybe a little less fantasmic and a little more AA"

Well that did it, we demanded her manager, she refused to get him! We went to another cm and asked him to get his manager, he did, manager comes over, he comes this nutjob again not letting us get a word in edge wise. As her manager is trying to be calm, collected, and professional the whole time, he's just all, "Carol, please go over there, Carol please." And she's blowing him off the entire time like he's not saying a word. It was truly unreal. How she got a job at WDW blew my mind.

That story got WDW's attention so much, when I e-mailed them after I got home, they called me to get the full story from start to finish.

We didn't go to WDW for over a year, which if you know my wife and I, is eternity

I feel bad you had to put up with that, but I can't help but wish to have witnessed it! Hope your trips since have been good. Did wdw offer anything when they called to get the whole story?

Indigorose

My first story is from when I was a teenager. We were visiting my grandparents in FL and my brother and I went to MK for the Millenium celebration. My parents told us to be back by 10 or something so even though things were just winding up for the big celebration, we dutifully left and went back to my grandparents house. When we got back, my parents said "oh you're back! We didn't expect you back until after midnight"

My second story is from last January. I signed up for the Star Wars half marathon at DL. The Monday before my trip, my ankle suddenly had a sharp pain. I thought I had a minor sprain so I stayed off of it, wrapped and iced it and we went on our trip as planned. We spent 2 days in the parks as I'm limping around and then I ran my race. I ran it straight through without stopping for photos because somehow I realized once I stopped it was all over. I finished and immediately it swelled up and the pain was excruciating and I was disoriented. I still stubbornly figured it would go away, but a month later I finally went to a podiatrist where I was diagnosed with a stress fracture. I wasn't going to let a little injury ruin my trip :)

gljvd

in 86 I was a 5 year old and left my goofy hat on the tea cups :-( I still get upset about it.

Also when I was 6 back when they had those metal carriages where a child can sit in the front and one in the back that they rented out ? Well one could also sit on the top.... But if your cousin got jealous and didn't want to wait his turn it was quite a long ways down onto the pavement. My knees and hands were all scraped up

NonnaT

I remember about 7 or so years ago I was at the UK pavillion at EPCOT. It was a hot summer morning and there were a bunch of characters were in the garden in the back of the pavillion. Suddenly, it seemed that Winnie the Pooh had enough of the heat and fainted. People were shouting to the CMs to help Pooh and eventualy ended dragging the still-smilling bear off stage. I can't imagine how traumatizing it was for all the children that were there to see that happen.
Omygoodness, poor Pooh!!! But for some reason that made me howl!!!

SyracuseDisneyFan

In 2002, I went with my family over spring break. We were boarding Peter Pan's flight. We were getting in the boat and I bumped my right knee on the outside. I had a painful bruise the rest of the trip. Clumsy me.

Courtney6682

In 2013 I came up with the bright idea to take my husband, (then fiance) his kids, and his mother for their first trip! Along with us was also my daughter. His mother has COPD but was young...only 63. She REFUSED to get a wheelchair despite walking 50 feet behind us all day at any given time. REFUSED to go on anything that wasn't Pirates or Small World. Got REALLY INSULTED when my husband suggested that if she wasn't going to go on any rides to to go back to the resort to relax and hang out. The whole trip consisted of her sitting on a bench while we rode and or following us to whatever we wanted to do

. The best part of the story happened at our lunch ressie at Prime Time. We were on the DDP so we scheduled a nice sit down lunch to take a break from the heat( it was Sept of 2013...so still hot) She ranted the whole time about how a restaurant like this '' gives kids the wrong idea, and teaches them bad manners!!) And she was DEAD FREAKIN' SERIOUS! She didn't like the fact that we told the kids to egg the waitress on by putting their elbows on the table. So by the time dessert came, we realized that we were going to miss our FP for ToT...We told the kids to hurry up and finish...my husband told his mom to take her time and enjoy her ice cream and the air conditioning while we ran off. She said to him...''I can't sit here and have all these people think I ordered all this food! There are 7 plates here!!'' And once again...SHE WAS SERIOUS!!! Ughhhhhhhh...Grrrrrr!!! Thanks for letting me vent lol

P.S...just remembered this...She said my daughter was showing off every time she recited ...''Please stand clear of the doors...''

Last edited:

steviej

In 2013 I came up with the bright idea to take my husband, (then fiance) his kids, and his mother for their first trip! Along with us was also my daughter. His mother has COPD but was young...only 63. She REFUSED to get a wheelchair despite walking 50 feet behind us all day at any given time. REFUSED to go on anything that wasn't Pirates or Small World. Got REALLY INSULTED when my husband suggested that if she wasn't going to go on any rides to to go back to the resort to relax and hang out. The whole trip consisted of her sitting on a bench while we rode and or following us to whatever we wanted to do

. The best part of the story happened at our lunch ressie at Prime Time. We were on the DDP so we scheduled a nice sit down lunch to take a break from the heat( it was Sept of 2013...so still hot) She ranted the whole time about how a restaurant like this '' gives kids the wrong idea, and teaches them bad manners!!) And she was DEAD FREAKIN' SERIOUS! She didn't like the fact that we told the kids to egg the waitress on by putting their elbows on the table. So by the time dessert came, we realized that we were going to miss our FP for ToT...We told the kids to hurry up and finish...my husband told his mom to take her time and enjoy her ice cream and the air conditioning while we ran off. She said to him...''I can't sit here and have all these people think I ordered all this food! There are 7 plates here!!'' And once again...SHE WAS SERIOUS!!! Ughhhhhhhh...Grrrrrr!!! Thanks for letting me vent lol

P.S...just remembered this...She said my daughter was showing off every time she recited ...''Please stand clear of the doors...''

I would've ditched her and taken a bunch of turns while ahead of her LOL

seabreezept813

Seeing all the stories of lost kids reminds me of my first trip with my husband and stepdaughter. We didn't lose a kid, but managed to gain one. We were rushing to Star Tours and I slow down and kind of take in the moment. I'm holding my husband and stepdaughter's hand and realize my stepdaughter is holding the hand of another girl. So I stopped and asked my husband if he knew this kid, and my stepdaughter says oh this is my friend, her family wants to know how to get to Star Tours. Luckily the girl's grandparents were about a half mile behind us, so we introduced ourselves and took them to the ride. I never figured out how long she had been with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom