Disney Horror Stories

garagely

Oh, I've got one! A small one.

Last year I needed to get from the MK to Trader Sam's, and the monorail wasn't running that day. I decided to take one of the resort launches, because it made no sense to take the boat to the TTC and walk. I got in line behind some other people. Others lined up behind me. It was a hot spring day, and the boat back seemed to take an exceptionally long time to get back to us. There was a family in front of me, two parents and two kids. The Dad was at the end of his patience, I think. He was trying to speak over his kids and they were just running around and screaming. One of them was trying to get his attention. He ignored him and kept speaking to the Mom. And that's when it happened...

The kid who had been trying to get his attention grabbed on to Dad's pants and hung on with his full weight. So this kid effectively pantsed his Dad, who was wearing tighty whities btw. The kid really yanked those pants down good. There was one frozen moment of horror, everyone around kind of collectively gasped and then went silent, and he hitched his pants up and let fly a tapestry of profanity that is still hanging over the Seven Seas Lagoon to this very day. I'm certain a lot of the other children in line learned new words on that day. Then, we all had to climb on the boat together. The most awkward of silences ensued.

SosoDude

I sat in urine while riding Spaceship Earth. We decided to ride SSE one last time before closing our last night at Epcot. Got in the seat, the bottom of my pants got soaked, so I told the CM handling loading. They got me out and loaded me into another ride vehicle. We rode the ride, and when we got to the unload, a manager was there and pulled us aside. She explained that they were sure that what I sat in was not water and was urine. She was extremely nice and apologetic. She offered to take me to find some new pants. I declined because my youngest child was extremely tired and irratable and teenage daughter was not feeling good. I figured I had rode the whole ride with a soaked rear-end, another 20 min back to the resort wasn't going to make much difference.

steviej

I sat in urine while riding Spaceship Earth. We decided to ride SSE one last time before closing our last night at Epcot. Got in the seat, the bottom of my pants got soaked, so I told the CM handling loading. They got me out and loaded me into another ride vehicle. We rode the ride, and when we got to the unload, a manager was there and pulled us aside. She explained that they were sure that what I sat in was not water and was urine. She was extremely nice and apologetic. She offered to take me to find some new pants. I declined because my youngest child was extremely tired and irratable and teenage daughter was not feeling good. I figured I had rode the whole ride with a soaked rear-end, another 20 min back to the resort wasn't going to make much difference.

oh god I would've yacked right on the managers feet right then and there

G8rchamps

Rained at Blizzard Beach around 11AM. We are from FL and figured it would just go away. After 30-40 minutes we decided it was not going to stop and made our way to the bus stops. Well, apparently transportation decided everyone had left already so we waited in the rain for an hour for a bus. They finally send one bus for the whole crowd that had assembled and went to multiple resorts to drop us all off. Lots of very cold and crying children on that bus. Maybe we shouldn't have waited, but no busses at all? Rough afternoon. (Dinner that night at Sanaa made up for it.)

Geekella

In 2013 I came up with the bright idea to take my husband, (then fiance) his kids, and his mother for their first trip! Along with us was also my daughter. His mother has COPD but was young...only 63. She REFUSED to get a wheelchair despite walking 50 feet behind us all day at any given time. REFUSED to go on anything that wasn't Pirates or Small World. Got REALLY INSULTED when my husband suggested that if she wasn't going to go on any rides to to go back to the resort to relax and hang out. The whole trip consisted of her sitting on a bench while we rode and or following us to whatever we wanted to do

. The best part of the story happened at our lunch ressie at Prime Time. We were on the DDP so we scheduled a nice sit down lunch to take a break from the heat( it was Sept of 2013...so still hot) She ranted the whole time about how a restaurant like this '' gives kids the wrong idea, and teaches them bad manners!!) And she was DEAD FREAKIN' SERIOUS! She didn't like the fact that we told the kids to egg the waitress on by putting their elbows on the table. So by the time dessert came, we realized that we were going to miss our FP for ToT...We told the kids to hurry up and finish...my husband told his mom to take her time and enjoy her ice cream and the air conditioning while we ran off. She said to him...''I can't sit here and have all these people think I ordered all this food! There are 7 plates here!!'' And once again...SHE WAS SERIOUS!!! Ughhhhhhhh...Grrrrrr!!! Thanks for letting me vent lol

P.S...just remembered this...She said my daughter was showing off every time she recited ...''Please stand clear of the doors...''
Woooooow. That sucks. Luckily my mother in law is not quite like that, but a certain trip experience did teach me to try to avoid further trips with her. She's a germ-a-phobic nurse and kept making a fuss about everything being unsanitary and I just about lost my "stuff" if you know what I mean lol

Seabasealpha1

I waited my whole life to ride Horizons...but when I finally got to Epcot...it wasn't there...

(sadly this isn't at all true...but still horrifying...)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
it was a dark dark night at the Wilderness Campground, as we sat huddled round the TV watching Disney must dos, when suddenly the power went off and we were in total darkness.
The only noise we could hear was a faint scratching noise, scratch scartch scatch at the door........

DiSnEyF@n

Just came back from 4 nights in the beginning of June with hubby and daughter 2.5 years old....

3 days before we left to go my daughter woke up throwing up in the middle of the night. It turned out to be a bad bug. She had a fever and everything. The day before we were set to leave she seemed like she was practically back to feeling like herself again and I was relieved bc I had no idea what we were going to do with our airfare and hotel reservations... Anyhow, I also had a cold (my Drs gave me the z-pac and I was just okay while there) but it didn't stop me from wanting to have a blast! On our first full day there our daughter woke up from her nap with red splotches all over her face, arms and chest. I clearly freaked out. At first I thought it was bed bugs (thankfully it was not). Security came to our room and they told us it was probably a heat rash. I have never had a heat rash nor have I known anyone to ever have a heat rash before. I didn't know what to do. Everything turned out ok, but we were hesitant to bring her out into the hot sun again, but alas we still went to Epcot that night and it was actually a nice night so I was happy we didn't keep ourselves in our room for no reason. (On a side note my daughter never acted like anything was wrong- she was completely normal and didn't itch or anything). Aside from all of this, my daughter didn't eat from 2 days... Nothing... Barely drank anything too. Even the food she loved she didn't touch. I didn't understand why and I would get upset (at myself as a mother) and of course her basically begging and crying for her to eat. It wasn't until the day before we left that I googled symptoms of heat rash and of course losing your appetite is one of the symptoms... Ugh, I wish I would have known two days earlier. Between the stomach bug before the trip and then the heat rash I felt awful for her and although we still had some really good moments we were all happy to go home on our last day. Looking forward to our trip next summer though!

parkhopper1213

Hey Everyone,
We have all heard about the great aspects of Disney Parks and Resorts, but have you ever had a horrific experience on Disney property? (If not horrific, then at least really bad?) I have a few to share with you....

On my first trip to the Magic Kingdom, I remember waiting for my mom to get our park tickets as my sister, brother and father waited on a park bench outside the entrance. There was a little girl, maybe four or five, sitting next to us with her parents. She was crying and screaming "I'm tired mommy I wanna go home! I'm really tired and I wanna sleep mommy!" Her mother then turned to her, grabbed her, stared her down and screamed "WE'RE AT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN DAMNIT!!!" Needless to say, my family was a little freaked out!

The classic monorail story...on a trip to the character breakfast on the bottom of the concourse at the Contemporary, we took Monorail Red from the Magic Kingdom. It was a particularly windy day as we raced toward the giant A-Frame hotel. Suddenly, the lights in the car started to flicker and an ungodly noise came from the bottom of the cars. The sound sounded like screeching, grinding metal and was louder than anything I can remember. Our cars came suddenly to a hault with half of the cars inside the hotel, and half outside. After about thirty seconds, as people were finding their bags and picking themselves up off the floor, an announcement came on the intercom.
"Ladies and gentleman we apologize for the inconvienience, but we will get moving again as soon as possible."
We all were a little freaked out, but trusted Disney, and waited for the cars to move again. They suddenly jolted backward, then forward, then backward again, accompanied by the grinding metal noise heard before.
After about a half hour of this motion, our reservations at the breakfast already past, the voice came on again, and explained the situation. Apparently monorails have windflaps on the bottom of the cars to slow them down in addition to the friction brakes. Well as the flaps came down that day, the strong gusts must have pushed some of them up underneath and onto the track, grinding and slowing the cars to a stop. They told us that they were going to unload us all inside the Contemporary, and that they truly apologized for the inconvienience.
After another half hour of slow grinding into the building, we finally arrived. The doors opened, and we were greeted to many dozens, if not hundreds of people hanging over the balconies and crowding the walkways looking at what was making all of that racket. We went down to the restaraunt, had breakfast (for free by the way!) and returned up to the monorail platform. In the time that we ate our breakfast, not only did they get the poor thing out of the hotel, they also got it off the track and replaced it with another monorail- in a matter of an hour or so! AMAZING! And from then on, I have always been afraid of monorail red.

Does anyone else have any horror stories?!:p
Thanks for starting this thread. There are some amazing stories here. We've been lucky to do over 20 Disney trips and nothing we experienced even comes close to some of these posts. When crazy things happened to us they became the most memorable part of our trip actually. When we go out to eat at home and there's a screaming kid nearby we say, "Sounds like we are at Disney!"

mimitchi33

I have 2:
I fell from my stroller at Animal Kingdom as a baby trying to catch a bird. I had to get stitches for that!
When I was 6, I rode on Stitch's Great Escape. At the part where they spray you with chili dog scent, I was so terrified by it that I began throwing a fit over it, and we missed dinner at Crystal Palace.

LeighM

Only one horror story comes to mind and, unfortunately, it involves me. In 2014, my husband and I were in Animal Kingdom. We were trying to leave Africa and go to Asia at the path by the bridge. The drummers were playing and was causing a lot of people to stop in the path to watch. The problem started when a woman directly in front of me, stopped right in the middle of the path to talk to her husband and no one could go by in either direction. She caused a major traffic jam. I kept saying "excuse me" very politely but when the woman behind me, with the biggest double stroller known to mankind, kept ramming it into my heels to get me to move, I lost it with the woman behind me as well as the woman in front who caused it. When I said excuse me a little less nicely, she turned to me and said that she heard me the first **** time. And then I showed my temper and she quickly moved out of the way. My husband was so embarrassed and said he couldn't take me anywhere. But it really wasn't my fault. The woman behind me was trying to amputate my foot because the woman in front would not move off to the side to continue her conversation.

And this story was was only horrifying for me. Thanks to all of the water I drank, I desperately needed to find a restroom. The closest was at the Gaston meet and greet. Because of all the crowds, I couldn't see the signs to know which was the men's and which was the women's. I saw a group of women huddled outside of one door and a group of men huddled outside the other. I mistakenly assumed the door with all of the women was for me, and I pretty much ran inside only to come to a screeching halt because something wasn't right. I saw a line of men all looking at me. I quickly turned around and ran out only to be confronted by a confused man to see me there. My husband saw me, face bright red, and said that was the quickest break ever and I was like, "wrong door." He was still laughing when I came out of the correct bathroom bc he heard some men mention the woman in the men's room LOL. After that, I always tripled check to make sure I was in the right space!

jloucks

My mother, sister and myself were at Disney in March of 2009. We went to AK and it was mid-morning and we had a FP for Dinosaur. We got on the ride and I sat on the outside, followed by my sister, my mother and then an empty seat on the other side. Midway through the ride, a dinosaur popped out from the right side and my sister turned her face towards me (away from the dino) and when she did, I covered my face at the same time and ended up elbowing her in the nose. As everyone knows, that ride is pretty dark but during one flash of light I saw that her nose started bleeding. I grabbed my purse and started rummaging around in it for a napkin but the only thing I could find was a receipt so she put the receipt on her nose to catch the blood. I don’t even remember the rest of the ride because my mother and I were too busy trying to make sure my sister was ok. When we got off the ride, she was tilting her head back to stop the blood. She made the mistake of tipping her head forward and blood gushed out of her nose running down her arm. My mother then continued to the nearest bathroom while my sister and I sat down on a bench. I cant stand the sight of blood and as I helped her wipe up with some napkins someone had handed us, I started to get lightheaded and felt like I was going to get sick. I sprinted to the bathroom and made it to the stall just in time. I had to sit there for a few minutes, lightheaded and nauseaus. I got off the ride expecting her as well as my mother and I to be covered in blood but luckily, she only got one tiny spot of blood on her jean skirt!! Not TOO horrific of a story but definitely one we still remember and talk about. Needless to say, next time we ride Dinosaur, there will an empty seat between me and the person riding next to me! lol
Yikes! that sounds no bueno. That being said, whenever there is a lot of blood from a minor injury, I say make it fun! Spread the blood everywhere and when you get off the ride declare 'something' is in there clawing at people faces.

Yea, on second thought, don't do that.

In 2007, my DH and I decided to do DW for our honeymoon after a cruise. We decided to stay at the CBR. My DH is disabled and we requested a handicap room. Of course when we arrived on property the room wasn't ready so we went ahead to the parks and didn't return to room until after 9pm. We did receive the handicap room we requested, too bad it looked like a crime scene. There was unidentifiable matter on the bed frames and walls. The carpet had huge stains.
We called the front desk and they moved us to another room. That room was about 2% better than the previous one. By then it was after midnight and decided to deal with this in the am. The next morning we got visit from a customer satisfaction member who immediately said “Wow” and “At least you don’t have an odor in here like some of the other handicap rooms”. She offered to move us to the one free room they had available, the same room we moved from the night before. Needless to say we declined. This room had a spot on the carpet that was wet the whole week we were there. They did clean up the room for us, but it was not the ideal Disney, or honeymoon room we were expecting. Once we got home I contacted customer satisfaction to let them know that we had a great time in the parks and enjoyed the dining plan, but the room was not up to par. I sent them the pictures of both rooms and they refunded the portion of the costs for the room. They also told me I could have requested to be moved to a different resort. (I had no idea and no one offered that option while were there.) I am taking my children for their first trip in October and I am having some anxiety about the room. I have been assured that it will be great. I sure hope so. (P.S I still have the pictures if you want to see. And this was my DH first and only trip to DW.)

Hello, everyone! This thread was super fun to read, and though I know this is rather old, I thought I'd revive it for a sec and just tell my own few horror stories that me and my mother always will joke with each other about.

First off, I should probably say these take place in Disneyland rather than the World.
Anyways, I was waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain, really excited and happy. This was the first time I rode it that day at the park, and we all know that the first ride we get from those types of rides are always the fastest and funnest. So, I was happily (somewhat impatiently) waiting in line, when all of a sudden these 30-something year old women decided go swoop in and cut everyone. See, we were pretty far up the line. We were at about the part where you swoop around the Dino bones. These nasty ladies decided to cut me and my mother. I'm honestly a pretty shy and reserved child, so I find it hard speaking my mind, but this instance I surely had no troubles due to my frustration. Who did they think they were? Me, a tiny little under-height 8 year old (I think I was around 8) was telling off these women (of course with the permission of my mom since she's always taught me to never disrespect or back talk an adult) how it was disgustingly disrespectful to cut all of these people and children in line and that they should be ashamed of themselves for not having the right mind to realize that it's horrible to cut all of these children, including me. They just gave me a nasty look and one if the ladies said "I don't take orders from little kids" Grrr! Gosh darn, I had s right to be mad. I couldn't believe these GROWN WOMEN were treating a CHILD in DISNEY like this... It was truly disgusting tbh. Luckily, this little horror has. A rainbow at the end of the storm because while we quickly and easily got onto the ride, they didn't even get on by the time we boarded off the ride! Karma and a bit of Disney magic was truly my friend that day, and me and my mom didn't let that one event bother us or ruin the rest of our day. We had an absolutely wonderful time! I'm assuming a CM SAS their horrible behaviour and held them up, but idk. Either way, we had a good time despite those rude ladies.

My next two stories invlove mother nature's wrath. We went to Disney, and my mom is always fully prepared, always carrying things "just in case" even though most of the time it was a bother, but this time it was VERY well appreciated. We took a trip to Disney because my mom's work used to take yearly trips to Disney for a discounted price so we would go every year. It happens that this trip was on one of the most rainy days of that year in Cali...and nobody had any raincoats and umbrellas prepared with them on the bus, everyone except for us. Everyone got soaked in rain, miserably cold, other than our family that was nice, warm and toasty in our rain apparel. It was raining buckets, but we still had a good time. It was definitely a different perspective of the park :p

Lastly, this stories actually kinda ties both of the previous two in since it both involves Mother nature and Big Thunder Mountain. It's relatively short too I think. We were going on BTMR and were literally JUST about to board when the ground started rumbling... Everything shook. It wasn't very violent, but very slight shakes of the ground. Just enough to tell that the ground IS actually shaking. So, long story short, there was an Earthquake going on. A really bad one and pretty deadly too in some part of Cali, but luckily we were in the safer end if the quake so we barely felt anything. It was still a bit freaky though growing up from a place where there are no earthquakes and witnessing the ground shake for the first time. Disney gave us free front of the line tickets for the ride for the inconvenience since the ride had to be shut down for safety, but it would have taken hours before it would have run back up and we were all tired and cranky and didn't want to sit there waiting that long. Plus, the park was ready to close, so we just gave our pass to some polite teenagers who were also pretty far in the line. We never got to ride it again that day :/

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
We where at the Villas at the GF in September. We had just gotten housekeeping done with new linens( DVC housekeeping is not daily). Finished my shower, grabbed a towel and out came the spiders. About a dozen just scattered. I freaked and ran out. My brother managed to capture a couple in a glass. Called the hotel manager. They didn't believe me until an assistant manager came and saw the spiders. They tried to say this never happens and didn't know how it could happen. Disney Pest control comes, guy says this happens all the time because the towels are stored outside. He even said he caught a snake on the fifth floor of the villas. Needless to say we got a mess of DVC points refunded.

We where at the Villas at the GF in September. We had just gotten housekeeping done with new linens( DVC housekeeping is not daily). Finished my shower, grabbed a towel and out came the spiders. About a dozen just scattered. I freaked and ran out. My brother managed to capture a couple in a glass. Called the hotel manager. They didn't believe me until an assistant manager came and saw the spiders. They tried to say this never happens and didn't know how it could happen. Disney Pest control comes, guy says this happens all the time because the towels are stored outside. He even said he caught a snake on the fifth floor of the villas. Needless to say we got a mess of DVC points refunded.

Oh god... I'm OK with literally anything but Spiders. That is my #1 fear and I know if that happened I would just break down and cry lol

Sonic Sunglasses

Oh god... I'm OK with literally anything but Spiders. That is my #1 fear and I know if that happened I would just break down and cry lol
Yeah, this is my typical reaction...
e1775ced1647520cc2c1d1ab00ce7cfc.jpg

Sonconato

47510984.jpg

You win the prize.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom