Disney has settled with the family of Rebecca Coriam

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
Disney has settled with the family regarding legal actions here in the states. For some reason the article will not fully post here, however I listed the link below.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-settles-missing-cruise-worker-885398

There is really little new/good information, mostly politicians and Walker bolstering for the media with guess work and some talk of further investigations.

In the end, a bright young girl is gone.

God bless you Rebecca and prayers for you and your family.

Lord God Bless all sailors who go down to the Sea in Ships. Grant them fair seas, clear skies and a star to steer by.

AKK

jaklgreen

How heartbreaking this is. I can't imagine my daughter disappearing like this. Not knowing what happened would be horrible. I thought the ships had the man overboard detectors. I think there should be surveillance cameras everywhere, especially on the outside to see if someone falls over and how that happened.

wdwstateofmind

Isn't 100% of the ships exterior on CCTV? I don't like Disney's side either, but if she was just dumped overboard as the author implies, wouldn't that be on camera as well? It would be hard to explain an edit to video around the same time as her disappearance which I'm sure was checked.

NelleBelle

We've had someone die on two cruises. One of them held us up at Castaway Cay until like 8 or 9 at night. At this point, I'm more surprised when we don't lose a passenger.
Yikes! I would jokingly say that it might be bad luck to cruise with you however that is seriously very unfortunate :( Ive heard that quite a few people have met their demise at CC. How did you find put about the other one?

Disney.Mike

Honestly I'm surprised you hear about stuff like this more often. You combine 3000+ people on a boat with unlimited alcohol (many who have medical issues) and things happen. Same as with the parks. I'm surprised you don't have people dying of heat strokes and such.

wdwstateofmind

Yikes! I would jokingly say that it might be bad luck to cruise with you however that is seriously very unfortunate :( Ive heard that quite a few people have met their demise at CC. How did you find put about the other one?
The one on CC the staff members straight up told us about because we were just docked at CC for an extra 3 hours and finally a helicopter from Miami came that they used to remove the body when we were able to watched from our balcony. The on-board incident was someone having a heart attack on deck in-front of everyone. They had to put curtains around the entire deck pool while they dealt with the body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom