• Merger with another company

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keep Eisner

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Being Bought br another company

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

DisneyFreak

Look for Disney to acquire AT&T Broadband. Disney will not merge or be acquired themselves. It didn't happen in 1984 and it won't happen now.

WDW-Imagineer

Although many of us are ed of at Eisner... I don't think Disney will ever find a CEO who will or can do as much as Michael Eisner has done for Disney. He saved the company in 1984 when he came aboard and has seen the company grow like it never has, under his watch. Parks, hotels, rides, & ventures were created & Disney would not be what it is today if it weren't for Eisner.

Bottom Line - Firing Eisner would be a major mistake for Disney... and I believe the end result would be that someother company would buy Disney if Eisner was out. We may not like him, but he is the best for the company.

MrPromey

I disagree completely, Imagineer. Eisner's a bid dope! They need to take away his office and paint over the name on his parking space. Then they need to ship him off to a deserted island somewhere so that he can live like Tom Hanks! :p

WDW-Imagineer

Like I said... you may not like him, but he is the best man for the job. He's done the most for Disney & I can only see bad things happening if he leaves or is fired.

MrPromey

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Like I said... you may not like him, but he is the best man for the job. He's done the most for Disney & I can only see bad things happening if he leaves or is fired.

Well, my choice wasn't available so I had to vote to keep him. Apparently you forgot about my posts to the thread under general news about the company ;)

Tink

WDWI - I am with you. Sometimes you have to be careful for what you wish for...it could be even worse!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Tink
WDWI - I am with you. Sometimes you have to be careful for what you wish for...it could be even worse!

this is true!! it could be worse!! but, at the same time, it could be better! the next guy/gal could bring the company even further than eisner! personally, i don't like eisner! but i do have to agree that he made Disney into what it is today! but i'm curious...who makes the decisions about WDW and the parks and attractions and resorts that are created/changed? would it be eisner, or the WDW president? if not the president, then what exactly does he do? i'm not trying to be a smart a--, i'm just asking, cuz i'm not familiar with the process or roles or whatever of ceo's and presidents.
anyway, i think they need someone from the Disney family to take charge of the ceo position. one of the younger generations of the family. i do admit though, i do like what eisner has done for the company...the addition of some of my favorite resorts, the new tomorrowlands, mickey's toontown fair, downtown disney westside (which i know kinda lacks in Disney, but certainly has the magic there!) but what is he doing to it now? to me, it's just not the same as it once was...i can't even begin to put a finger on what it is exactly...i used to think that it was just because i was getting older. but as i have read some of the posts on these forums, i see that it's not just me, but a number of people who feel the same way! you don't know how much relief that has given me! to know that it's not just me has lifted a burden off my shoulders....but at the same time has been replaced by another....one that asks 'what are we, as customers, going to do about it?' or even 'can we do anything about it?'

WDW-Imagineer

I agree that there should be more Disney's in the Walt Disney Company. Roy E. Disney is the only Disney in the company (high-management at least) & he is getting pretty old and will probably retire in the next 5 years. I would really like to see the Disney legacy go on.

markymark

Is there actually any Disney family members out there other than Roy involved in the company? If not, are there many Disney family members who would want to take on such a big task?

I personally think that we should keep Eisner, sure he is unpopular, but you can't deny what he has done for the company. For me the only reason to fire him would be if he sold or merged the company.

monorail256

:D I think hes doing an okay job.... what does it matter as long as disney is disney?! Dont worry in the end something good will happen...most likely...he sure has helped out the park though!! Look how much it has grown (rides,animal kingdom (i may bot like that park but o well...)and resorts!) I dont know...just seems to me like hes doin fine..

dopey

i suppose disney's declining stock price does make it susceptible to a takeover. but who could afford it? wal-mart? you want a bunch of in-bred hillbillies from dogpatch, arkansas, running disney? (i'm kidding, of course; wal-mart is an excellent company with highly capable management.)

last year, disney ranked 67th on the fortune 500 list. it would take a big chunck of change to buy disney. eliminate from the possible takeover candidates all the automakers, banks, retailers, insurers, telecom and technology companies and you're left with maybe p&g and ups. or how about philip morris (synergies with kraft cheese and mickey mouse)?

this probably would never happen. but i think it would be interesting if disney bought dreamworks skg. that would give them loads of management talent to replace eisner, though the justice department might take a close look at any attempt to corner the animation market.

MrPromey

this probably would never happen. but i think it would be interesting if disney bought dreamworks skg. that would give them loads of management talent to replace eisner, though the justice department might take a close look at any attempt to corner the animation market. [/B]

LoL, I'm sure that would make one member of Dreamworks management just ecstatic!

MrPromey

Originally posted by markymark
Is there actually any Disney family members out there other than Roy involved in the company? If not, are there many Disney family members who would want to take on such a big task?

I personally think that we should keep Eisner, sure he is unpopular, but you can't deny what he has done for the company. For me the only reason to fire him would be if he sold or merged the company.

Even with his involvement, I don't think someone like Roy (even if he wasn't as old as he is) has enough experience for the role. I would much rather has Eisner than a proxy made up of puppet masters pulling the strings of a person named Disney. Even since Eisner began to delegate duties that he himself used to watch closely, we have witnessed this decline. You can't blame him for doing it because his critics had been saying he needed to do it for years. It's just the people that are now making the decisions are making some bad ones. It may take a few years for everyone in the company to figure that out.

epcot71

keep eisner

do u all remember disney from the time walt died till 1984?????- i do it was in ready to be taken over by corp. raiders and thank god roy jr brought eisner in!-the company was going to be sold piece by piece and sold for parts!- i know there are alot of anti eisners in here-but really-look at all he has done and brought to the disney kingdom-every ceo has ups and downs and his ups outway his downs-look at his possible replacements are-robert iger-hes not bad not not a disney man like eisner-the only person right now that i would even thing of being next ceo was frank wells-rest in peace--he was great also-this is kinda like the clinton bashers-so he was a womanizer but the economy hasnt been as good as his 2 terms in office in 50 years!!!!!- i agree with imaganeer-i hope eisner lives to 200

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom