1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Discussion in 'Disney Video Games' started by CaptJapan, Mar 21, 2012.

1. CaptJapan

CaptJapan Member

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/03/21/national/a030848D85.DTL#ixzz1plpZ2ufE

Very excited for this, big fan of the first title. Not sure why it's coming to XB360 and PS3, but I guess there's some out there who don't own a Wii.
    Still hoping the motion controlled ink spraying from the first stays intact, it was so fun painting and erasing in that game.
    Also heard rumors of a 3DS spinoff, if that's true it'll sit nicely next to the copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D, I plan to buy. ^^

2. erasure fan1

erasure fan1 Well-Known Member

Well the 1st reason is you increase your user base by another 128 million systems. Also, 3rd party exclusives are not as common anymore because the makers want as many people to purchase their product as possible because of development costs. Personally I would have bought Epic Mickey on the 360 if I would have had the choice. Why? because the wii version looked like an original Xbox game and the motion control is a bit sloppy. If I was a 3rd party developer I wouldn't make a Wii exclusive. If you take the list of the top 14 games (by sales) for the Wii, you find that only 2 games weren't made by Nintendo. And 1 of the 2 was Mario and sonic at the Olympics (close enough to Nintendo).

3. CaptJapan

CaptJapan Member Original Poster

Found some great gameplay footage, especially liking the Sorcerer's Apprentice level.

[youtube]lmNZRow-QVQ[/youtube]

4. CaptJapan

Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion for 3DS

Looks like there two sequels to Epic Mickey. ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Silver Figment

Silver Figment Active Member

So ecited for this one. :)

6. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Well-Known Member

yeah me too! excited!

7. pggaido

pggaido New Member

I'm excited too but what is the story behind Epic Mickey 2? I hope it has nothing to do with the Phantom Blot again.

8. Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther Well-Known Member

I am definitely getting this. I'm especially glad that it'll be available with PS3, which I'm more comfortable with than the Wii.

9. Powerline

Powerline Active Member

I really enjoyed the first game and am ecstatic that there's enough support for a sequel. Spector promised fixes from the old game which I'm particularly interested in, especially re visiting past areas. Can't wait to see what surprises Spector and the Junction Point crew have in store.

10. Aaronardo

Aaronardo New Member

I found some details on this game.
    Shortly after the first game, citizens of Wasteland are repairing their buildings and rides after the Blot Disaster (I call it :p). The Mad Doctor returns, though, even after being blown up in the first game. But he says that he's a good guy, now, he wants to help. He earns Oswald's trust, but when the Mad Doctor seems to not be doing his part, Ortensia and Gus (the Gremlin) seek Mickey's help, so Mickey gets through the same way he did last time. SPOILER ALERT: We soon find out the Mad Doctor is making BlotWorx. A combination of Blotlings and Beetleworx. That explains the blotlings in the trailer after the Blot has been defeated. END SPOILERS
    I am definately going to get this game no matter WHAT stands in my way.
    Bring on Epic Mickey 2!

11. CaptJapan

This game made me buy a 3DS.
    So much love for Castle of Illusion.
    Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther Well-Known Member

I just saw a trailer for the game, hosted by Warren Spector. And it all looks so awesome! There will be full character speech. Oswald's special power involves a remote control (he makes good use of his ears too) annd the backgrounds look incredible! I really can't wait for this!