1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Employee Accused of Stealing Credit Card Numbers

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by hrcollectibles, Apr 30, 2010.

1. hrcollectibles

hrcollectibles Active Member

FOX 35 in Orlando Just reported that a Disney Vacation Club Castmember is being accused of using a stolen credit card to purchase a bicycle.. When he was arrested he had guest information written on pieces of paper.. Kind of scary
  2. UnrealFire

UnrealFire New Member

A bicycle? Really?
  3. UrbanDonovan

UrbanDonovan Active Member

Yeah.

I think if I was going to do something idiotic like breaking the law, I'd probably go for something a little better than a bike. But, that's just me. Maybe the guy was a bicycle enthusiast.
  4. spectrodanny

spectrodanny Member

holy crap! they're lucky he just got a bike. with te kind of money DVC members have,he probably could have gotten a cruise ship.
  5. hrcollectibles

hrcollectibles Active Member

I think the report said something about he was going to send the bike to Brazil....
  6. cdunbar

cdunbar Active Member

Like he was from Brazil and sent the bike back to have transportation at home? :lookaroun I know the whole stealing the CC #'s isn't funny but the fact that he used them to buy a bike is pretty hilarious! :lol:
  7. wm49rs

wm49rs A naughty bit o' crumpet Premium Member

The real motive behind "Disney's Best Kept Secret."
  8. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Well-Known Member

Not really scary. If your card doesn't have 100% fraud protection, get another card.
  9. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

Not the first time this has happened - nor will it be the last at a resort the size of WDW that processes the volume of transactions it does.

What gets me is if he had the card information written on some paper, then he had to have been buying it on-line or mail-order. Odd thing to buy on-line. If it was a cheap bike, then I can see the reasoning that it might not set off warning flags, but I don't think this guy was operating at that level of thought.

-dave
  10. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Cretin Premium Member

Earlier this year our credit card company fraud dept contacted us on some questionable charges from Orlando. Probably would have not thought much of it but we had not been in Orlando for about a year. One of the reasons I like DDP and charging privileges on the room key. You only expose your actual card once when you check in.
  11. Erin_Akey

Erin_Akey New Member

That is a really good point! Never thought of that part of it before!
  12. mastif

mastif New Member

Some bikes can easily be $1000+
  13. 0ogabooha

0ogabooha Active Member

I agree with CDunBar. While it doesn't seem too funny, buying a bike with the money is pretty hilarious. For all we know though, he could've bought more after he got the bike so I think its good that they caught him early on. On the other hand, they should have 100% protection fraud for this kind of stuff.
  14. wm49rs

I'm a fan of pre-paid debit cards for my WDW trips. That way the limit is set by me, and I can deactivate it after we get back......
  15. memster

memster New Member

WHAT:confused:
  16. zweltar

zweltar Member

Crazy. The things some people do. We often think all things Disney are completely honest and wholesome, but then things like this happen and give us a reality check.
  17. majorrfb

majorrfb Member

Credit Card Fraud

Quite frankly, I am surprised this doesn't have more often at the World. The opportunity for this type of crime is READILY available for people so inclined, yes even Disney people. So use care and common sense when using your credit card and use companies who give fraud protection and will call regarding questionable purchases. Mine does!!:sohappy:
  18. wm49rs

Well, at least he was keeping U.S. exports up....
  19. erasure fan1

erasure fan1 Well-Known Member

Yea this in no way surprises me at all. It doesnt matter how well you screen and how many precautions you take when you are hiring, you will still get a few bad apples.
  20. Craig & Lisa

Craig & Lisa Active Member

Excuse me, we are members and we do NOT have the kind of money your talking about