Disney direction ?

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
Hi there from the uk ,I am a long time Disney fan and would firstly like to say hello to all,please feel free to comment on this discussion,ok here goes,now I am a huge Disney fan and Star Wars fan,but I'm getting slightly concerned that what Walt created all those years ago,is being forgotten,and now there only interested in the franchising of huge movies like Star Wars andmarvel.where has disneys creativitygone.its great to see new worlds being built(Avatar)but I really feel that certain attractions need a serious update,why not try to make an adventure tail for jungle cruise.using up to dateanimitronics.add a jungle book ride to MK.i know I said I don't like the way they buy franchise movies.but why not build a really great Indy trail for family's to explore in adventureland.any way sorry for long intro.lets get down to business

Captain Barbossa

Hi there from the uk ,I am a long time Disney fan and would firstly like to say hello to all,please feel free to comment on this discussion,ok here goes,now I am a huge Disney fan and Star Wars fan,but I'm getting slightly concerned that what Walt created all those years ago,is being forgotten,and now there only interested in the franchising of huge movies like Star Wars andmarvel.where has disneys creativitygone.its great to see new worlds being built(Avatar)but I really feel that certain attractions need a serious update,why not try to make an adventure tail for jungle cruise.using up to dateanimitronics.add a jungle book ride to MK.i know I said I don't like the way they buy franchise movies.but why not build a really great Indy trail for family's to explore in adventureland.any way sorry for long intro.lets get down to business
I know exactly how you feel. I hate all this star wars and marvel crap. Disney has lost their creativity, so they're buying franchises that are already successful so they can benefit from it and not do anything. Your right, they no longer care about Walt's intentions and values, which is very sad. If I had a dollar for every time Walt has rolled over in his grave (if he actually is in a grave).

KBLovedDisney

The overall transformation reminds me sooo much of the Disney movie (yes, their own) Heavyweights when the original owners get pushed out of their own camp along with their morals and such and, yes, get replaced with a flashy new guy...

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
The overall transformation reminds me sooo much of the Disney movie (yes, their own) Heavyweights when the original owners get pushed out of their own camp along with their morals and such and, yes

Thanks for reply,it actually saddens me to think are the days really gone when you quoted lines from the rides or character names from them.figment being an example,pirates etc and your memory would take you back to MK or Epcot ,they even messed test track up with using Chevrolet as a sponsor.do I still love the world(you bettcha I do)and I'll keep coming back for more Epcot (cos I love it)but please please mr Robert igor,remember what people loved about those parks ,and start creating your own story's again

KBLovedDisney

"start creating your own story's again"

This is actually a problem I have with Hollywood and Disney alike right now when it comes to their movie making. It seems that lately all they have been doing are reboots and rehashes of past wonderful movies that don't need to be changed or redone. I think we are starting to lose our creative touches for great adventurous stories in this world. Either that or movie makers are becoming lazy and just want to make money a whole lot faster.

KraftServices

This is actually a problem I have with Hollywood and Disney alike right now when it comes to their movie making. It seems that lately all they have been doing are reboots and rehashes of past wonderful movies that don't need to be changed or redone. I think we are starting to lose our creative touches for great adventurous stories in this world. Either that or movie makers are becoming lazy and just want to make money a whole lot faster.

There's still a huge amount of originality in Hollywood. Like Zootopia, and Moana. And heck the Pirates of the Caribbean movies aren't really based on anything - just really vaguely on a ride that has no plot, except the fourth movie is based on a book. And then you have Moonlight and Get Out. And honestly Hollywood's been doing remakes and adaptations since Hollywood was a thing, so to act like Hollywood is now suddenly totally devoid of originality isn't fair.

kmbmw777

I know exactly how you feel. I hate all this star wars and marvel crap. Disney has lost their creativity, so they're buying franchises that are already successful so they can benefit from it and not do anything. Your right, they no longer care about Walt's intentions and values, which is very sad. If I had a dollar for every time Walt has rolled over in his grave (if he actually is in a grave).
I would likely to disagree with this. I am a huge Marvel and Star Wars fan, and when I look at what Disney has brought to those companies, I amazed. Ep 7, 8, 9, Rogue One, the Han Solo Movie would have never happened without Disney. So far, these movies have been a lot of fun to watch and smashing successes. They are telling New Stories, yes, in already existing worlds, but adding much much more to the story.

And if you are going to argue that Walt Disney Animation has lost their creativity, then you must be mistaken. As @KraftServices pointed out - there's Moana, Zootopia, and Gigantic - all new stories. Yes, they are making sequels, but that's cuz there is more stories to be told, and I can not wait to be amazed by them.

Marvel is constantly expanding and truly creating something revolutionary. Movies which you can watch individually, but when together they overarch into a mega story -Genius. And their movies are all completely different. Iron Man has a completely different feel than Cap America which has a different feel than Ant-Man which has a different feel than Guardians which has a different feel than Dr. Strange. The company is constantly telling new stories, which turn out to be successful because they are creative. Who thought a movie about a hero who could shrink and talk to ants could be cool - alas, Ant-Man is one of my favorite movies!

I think the problem isn't that the company has lost their creativity
- it's that people lost their childish wonder.

End Rant Here.

Smiley/OCD

You're correct, but as long as people keep spending $20 for the ticket, $20. for popcorn & a soda...

Captain Barbossa

I would likely to disagree with this. I am a huge Marvel and Star Wars fan, and when I look at what Disney has brought to those companies, I amazed. Ep 7, 8, 9, Rogue One, the Han Solo Movie would have never happened without Disney. So far, these movies have been a lot of fun to watch and smashing successes. They are telling New Stories, yes, in already existing worlds, but adding much much more to the story.

And if you are going to argue that Walt Disney Animation has lost their creativity, then you must be mistaken. As @KraftServices pointed out - there's Moana, Zootopia, and Gigantic - all new stories. Yes, they are making sequels, but that's cuz there is more stories to be told, and I can not wait to be amazed by them.

Marvel is constantly expanding and truly creating something revolutionary. Movies which you can watch individually, but when together they overarch into a mega story -Genius. And their movies are all completely different. Iron Man has a completely different feel than Cap America which has a different feel than Ant-Man which has a different feel than Guardians which has a different feel than Dr. Strange. The company is constantly telling new stories, which turn out to be successful because they are creative. Who thought a movie about a hero who could shrink and talk to ants could be cool - alas, Ant-Man is one of my favorite movies!

I think the problem isn't that the company has lost their creativity
- it's that people lost their childish wonder.

End Rant Here.
I'm just agreeing with the OP. It's hard to watch these franchises (that didn't have any Disney relation until the previous 4-5 years) start to take over everything. Myself, along many other people, eat, sleep, and breath Disney, and have our whole lives. So when something like that happens, it can be hard and sad for us. That's my opinion. All I can ask is for you to respect it.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
I'm just agreeing with the OP. It's hard to watch these franchises (that didn't have any Disney relation until the previous 4-5 years) start to take over everything. Myself, along many other people, eat, sleep, and breath Disney, and have our whole lives. So when something like that happens, it can be hard and sad for us. That's my opinion. All I can ask is for you to respect it.
Listen I posted this from my love of Disney,and I totally agree with you.i love Star Wars 77-83 but I did worry what Disney had the rights.sticking lighsabers in mickey hand just doesn't wash with me.and ok apart from frozen zootopia and moana,Disney have lost there love of originality in the parks,why on earth haven't they replaced or updated the likes of jungle cruise.indy 500,haunted mansion .thunder mountain.etc.theres no excuse.they are building 2 more cruise ship.why .so for this post they HAVE lost the love of imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom