Disney dining plan 2015

katieee

Original Poster
Hi, please forgive me as this is my first post! :) just been looking at the 2015 dining plan and loads of the table service restaurants aren't on it anymore! Why is this? Can I only use the dining plan at the restaurants on there? For example non of the DD restaurants are on it? Please help :)

Bparso87

Hi, please forgive me as this is my first post! :) just been looking at the 2015 dining plan and loads of the table service restaurants aren't on it anymore! Why is this? Can I only use the dining plan at the restaurants on there? For example non of the DD restaurants are on it? Please help :)
Usually they will add more before the year starts it should be almost the same as last year

harryk

Have used the DD plan at Downtown this year and years past -- see no reason that it will be missing next year. Used it at Ghirardelli's , Fulton's Crab House and Ragland Road. Found Ragland Road to be a hidden gem and had passed it up in past visits to DTD - give it a try.

celiacoba

I am worried about this topic too... I have a reservation at T-Rex cafe, but I don't see it on the list... But if you say that it will probably be there for the end of the year, I won't cancel my reservation yet.

katieee

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Ive been to Disney 14 times so am a geek ;) just never noticed the dining plan like this before. Harryk - RR is one of our faves it's already on our list! :) need to choose 14 have chosen most already x

TXDisney

We don't use the dining plan for that exact reason. Most the restaurants we like aren't on the plan. We like doing nice dinners and none of the nice restaurants are really on the dining plan. So for us it doesn't make sense.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We don't use the dining plan for that exact reason. Most the restaurants we like aren't on the plan. We like doing nice dinners and none of the nice restaurants are really on the dining plan. So for us it doesn't make sense.
Most of the nice restaurants ARE in the plan. All are except Victoria's and Alberts. The new plan will be finalized soon for 2015 and usually all are added again that were there for 2014. We eat at many signatures like Cali Grill, Jiko, Artist Point , and many more throughout property that are the "nice" restaurants and are always on the dining plan by the 1st or 1st few days of the year. :)

sxeensweet

When I read it, it looks like they're not on it. Almost all the nice restaurants in WS aren't on it I thought.
Yes but they will DEFINATELY be added. Always this time of year the New Years list is scarce. Everyone panics in December that the next year their faves are not added yet. Usually by the first week of January all the contracts are finished between the missing restaurants. Especially World Showcase and DD take until the very last minute to finalize their new contracts. They will be there just check back on the updated list that should come out a few weeks into January. :)

sxeensweet

If added I'll finally do the Dining plan.
They will be I promise. If not I would literally be shocked. Key rule you never go by the list that comes out for 2015 until it's actually into January of 2015. Lol. If you do a search people on the boards always ask this and worry year in and year out when the New Years list first comes out and into December on the boards. :)

TXDisney

I'll be going in 2016 at a Disney resort 2015 in do a timeshare so who knows who will be on the dining plan come 2016. I am liking to book that trip in 2016 close to the 499 days out mark though which is in a few months

sxeensweet

I'll be going in 2016 at a Disney resort 2015 in do a timeshare so who knows who will be on the dining plan come 2016. I am liking to book that trip in 2016 close to the 499 days out mark though which is in a few months
It's been many years since I have seen a restaurant decide not to be on it anymore. Usually most on it stay on it just takes them a while with contracts etc. Yes it could change but most likely it will not. Now as for the new restaurants that will open in 2015-2016 those you never know and might not but as for the older ones that have been on for many years those I will be surprised if they ever decide not to be on there in the next so many years in the future. :)

sxeensweet

Might have to give it a try tis next trip.
Me and DH always purchase the dining plan and love it. For us it works and we like that our food the majority of it is already paid for and makes it all inclusive etc. Everyone is different though and some despise the dining plan and some absolutely love it. For us we love it and always have it on all trips eventhough we pay for it and have never done "free" dining because room discounts always came out better because before DVC we always still stayed at DVC resorts or deluxe resorts. :)

TXDisney

Well we like for sure doing nice dinners. We do drink adult beverages which obviously isn't on the plan. Which wouldn't really make it feel all inclusive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom