Disney Depression... it's only been a few hours

LeighM

Oh! When we visited the Grand Floridian lobby during our second trip, my husband and I both fell in love with the fragrance in their lobby. So I did some research and found out what the scent was and bought the scent machine and cartridge when it went on sale. Now, I can turn that on and have the smell of the GF in my very own living room :)

OliveMcFly

We got home on the 17th and I went through it. The next day I started planning my next trip. These boards always help and I keep up with news on Twitter so it's like I'm there because I'm in the know.

Kenny1132

I had never experienced this until my last trip in late 2015. Since then the girlfriend and I could do nothing but plan our trip and when we finally booked for this September that sadness turned into elation and excitement. We get by through tons of videos on YouTube specifically TimTracker and his awesome Disney videos which we discovered about a month ago and can't stop watching. POV videos of rides also help us cope with missing our favorite attractions.

21stamps

I'm just sad that my vacation is over and it's back to reality lol. I go to WDW because it's my wife's favorite place and every time we leave I get excited thinking about what non Disney trip we get to do next but some how that never happens and it's back to the mouse all the time...
Do a compromise...combine Disney with a Florida coast visit or a cruise. Win-Win :)

DfromATX

Your fun is just beginning! My youngest was 4 on his first trip. Now my kids are 14, 19, 20, and 21 (that's including my step daughters). I think it gets better with age. Well, the 8-10 age bracket was probably my favorite. I say just keep that in mind, that you're just beginning to create your family memories! Keep coming on here and the Disney website (to pretend book your trips). Go to you tube to watch rides, make a scrap book...

jloucks

and it's already set in. It's hit me harder this trip than any I can remember. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it was my son's (1.5 yrs old) 1st trip and he seemed to love it.

besides looking at pics what are some ways yall cope? i know some people start planning their next trip but the wife and I are planning to start trying for baby #2 so who knows when that next trip might be!

and of course posting here may help my Disney depression subside some!

Just wait until it is the LAST trip with your kid before they move out of the house and head off to college. I'm thinking of crowbarring one more in somehow, lol.

11 members of my family spent Christmas/New Years week at WDW this past year. My sister-in-law and I started planning the trip 18 months in advance and each family surprised the kids Christmas morning with the news that we were flying out that day for a week at Disney. Needless to say, it was a magical week and the post-Disney blues hit me really hard when we returned.

I try and listen to park music whenever I can and also listen to a few weekly Disney podcasts. I also regularly watch on-ride and park videos on YouTube as a way of getting my fix. After this most recent trip, I turned about 400 of our photos into a video montage on iMovie, complete with specific Disney music to match each section of the movie. I watch that video at least once a week and shared the link with family. While none of these things takes the place of being in "the World," they still help bring me back to the magic and memories which will tide me over until our next trip in a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom